• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Weld in coilovers

Hard to compete on price with products made in Taiwan in mass. Quality is a different story.
American made springs with top quality materials and dutch made dampers dont add up to being the cheapest kid on the block.

I will say that about 1/3 of my current customers have already purchased BC parts and were not happy with the quality and durability and came back to buy components from me.

Hard to compete on price with products made in Taiwan in mass. Quality is a different story.
American made springs with top quality materials and dutch made dampers dont add up to being the cheapest kid on the block.

I will say that about 1/3 of my current customers have already purchased BC parts and were not happy with the quality and durability and came back to buy components from me.

:nod:
My experience has been the Poor man pays twice... spend the 12 hundo for everything once and then move on.

It’s not only money it’s time and front halfing a car I don’t have time for this season, so I got bc because for 6 dollars it makes my job A a lot easier B will work just fine for what I need it to. C is cost effective. D customer service was wicked on point. E if I wanted to spend 1500 bucks I’d get afco struts for their tune ability and custom ability. For 1500 bucks being stuck with factory front strut towers was not ever going to be option that’s just wack. I’d cut the front stub off all the way and build control arms, but being that for NOW we have factory strut tower I dont mind choosing possibly a less quality component even though it has a 2 year warranty. I’ll update thread later with install and customer report. In these coilovers life they will probably travel under 50 miles btw.

A few years ago I bought Noltec upper front mounts and I have gone through two sets of them. The bearings didn't last very long and the poly inserts that were supposed to dampen things turned into dust in only a couple of years. I also used their poly suspension bushings which also turned to dust on my car.

So I paid for the cheap stuff and it was a waste. Now I finally got it together to buy parts from Ben and look forward to a long service life and service after the sale. Which is one of the things that makes it even more worth it if you need help. I admit it took me awhile to get there but now I am so looking forward to putting these parts on and enjoying the handling of my car.

As a back story there used to be a company named MVP selling good stuff for Volvos. I bought a complete 3" exhaust from the turbo back and a coilover suspension setup and adjustable rear perch setup back in 2003. The coil overs are still serving me well and look good. The 3" exhaust finally needed a repair at the rear but I reused the muffler and only had to fix the rear pipes and hangers.

I have a friend with BC coilvers on his s60R and I don't like them very much. YMMV. Not giving you crap. Just relating my experience and hope to help others make good decisions.

Turbo bricks preaching the importance of top quality parts. Next will be motec programmable ECUs and Ohlins. Boy so many of us are now grown up. I feel the good $$ stuff goes to the CLS63 or whatever mid life ride. The hand me down Volvos were for creating what is not available out of sweat and junk yard parts. Then smoking some rich kid with it.

Having gone the BC route, I wish I had gotten Ben's coilovers instead. :\ BC's are better than lowering springs IMO.

I have Ben's stuff and I have BC stuff. The JRZ dampers rule, they just do. Ben's product is really hard to beat when comparing the options available for these cars.

However, I'm not putting that much $$ in suspension on my beater, it ain't worth it. BC stuff fit that bill, and it's fine. Just fine, not great, not awful, fine. The dampers leave a lot to be desired after riding on nice stuff. Again, beater.

Speaking honestly though, had I known classic swede had stuff for sale I probably would have bought them at that price. I never remember about them when I'm shopping (sorry guys).

I think you should make your choice like I did. If you weigh those options and know what you're ending up with, then you'll be a happy camper.

It?s not only money it?s time and front halfing a car I don?t have time for this season, so I got bc because for 6 dollars it makes my job A a lot easier B will work just fine for what I need it to. C is cost effective. D customer service was wicked on point. E if I wanted to spend 1500 bucks I?d get afco struts for their tune ability and custom ability. For 1500 bucks being stuck with factory front strut towers was not ever going to be option that?s just wack. I?d cut the front stub off all the way and build control arms, but being that for NOW we have factory strut tower I dont mind choosing possibly a less quality component even though it has a 2 year warranty. I?ll update thread later with install and customer report. In these coilovers life they will probably travel under 50 miles btw.

The parts to put a front set of mine together with good dampers is 900 not 1500.

We also have an alternate set of front dampers to release soon that drops it down to 700.

Not sure where that number is coming from.

I have Ben's stuff and I have BC stuff. The JRZ dampers rule, they just do. Ben's product is really hard to beat when comparing the options available for these cars.

However, I'm not putting that much $$ in suspension on my beater, it ain't worth it. BC stuff fit that bill, and it's fine. Just fine, not great, not awful, fine. The dampers leave a lot to be desired after riding on nice stuff. Again, beater.

Speaking honestly though, had I known classic swede had stuff for sale I probably would have bought them at that price. I never remember about them when I'm shopping (sorry guys).

I think you should make your choice like I did. If you weigh those options and know what you're ending up with, then you'll be a happy camper.

I dont blame you... it is a 700/900. no one puts money into those :lol:

The parts to put a front set of mine together with good dampers is 900 not 1500.

We also have an alternate set of front dampers to release soon that drops it down to 700.

Not sure where that number is coming from.

(_|_)

I dont blame you... it is a 700/900. no one puts money into those :lol:

Pretty bold statement from a guy selling parts for that particular model... It could cost you a couple of sales but I guess you can afford it.

You're probably half joking but I'm a little tired of these comments on the 7xx/9xx. I'm fairly sure I put more money in my 740 T6 build than all these 7xx haters like RWC, 240240 and Jack will ever put in their 2xxs. And most of the fab stuff I bought from shops like Yoshifab and DeeWorks.

I'm considering your offerings and ClassicSwede's for my suspension setup btw...

Pretty bold statement from a guy selling parts for that particular model... It could cost you a couple of sales but I guess you can afford it.

You're probably half joking but I'm a little tired of these comments on the 7xx/9xx. I'm fairly sure I put more money in my 740 T6 build than all these 7xx haters like RWC, 240240 and Jack will ever put in their 2xxs. And most of the fab stuff I bought from shops like Yoshifab and DeeWorks.

I'm considering your offerings and ClassicSwede's for my suspension setup btw...

It was said as a joke but I do have the numbers to back it up. I sell 240 parts 20:1 compared to 740 parts. I wish it weren't true but it just seems to be.

There are a couple guys who spend money on their 740s but its a sliver of the amount that spend on their 240s.

Last edited:
It is said as a joke but I do have the numbers to back it up. I sell 240 parts 20:1 compared to 740 parts. I wish it weren't true but it just seems to be.

There are a couple guys who spend money on their 740s but its a sliver of the amount that spend on their 240s.

I wasn't implying that you were lying.

What is the percentage of these 240 parts going to European buyers? Cause these guys do put a lot of money in their Volvos...

I wasn't implying that you were lying.

What is the percentage of these 240 parts going to European buyers? Cause these guys do put a lot of money in their Volvos...

Pretty low,

Right now, my main exports are to Australia. The dollar is too strong for most European buyers at the moment.

When the US economy was in the ****ter back in 2007-2008 and the dollar was weak. A large portion of my sales exported to Europe.

Last edited:
Pretty low,

My main exports are to Australia at the moment. The dollar is too strong for most european buyers at the moment.

When the US Economy was in the ****ter back in 2007-2008 and the dollar was weak. A large portion of my sales exported to Europe.

Well our CAD isn't worth sh<z>it either these days so buying stuff from the US is a deal killer most of the times.

Back