• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

590ci blown alky 242 here?s an update

Sorry this thread is super unorganized lol but you get the idea

KsFubCy.jpg

I’ll get some new **** done soon hopefully. Gonna build a wing soon nd I’ll set it back on the ground and chop up the hood an give you an almost finished look... than gimmie a month or two an Hopefully post some time slips

Very cool, lotta nice work here!

Thanks this is my first time doing anything like this. I?ve been apprenticing at a chassis fab shop for a few years on weekends, my buddy kind of took me under his wing to teach me this **** so, it?s not perfect by any means no Tim mcamis chassis lol but it?s all been a learning process and haven a good time doing it. New skills are made and used everyday tons of fun.

Chassis cert is 7.50 and so on a mild tuneup we can hit that no problem so we’ll race with rocky mountain superchargers in a 7.50 index. And than I’ll turn it up and do some psca 10.5 outlaw 1/8th mile racing where we can reallly stand on her an hurt some feelings. And will probably still try and dial it in for cash day no prep events. Turned up this car could prolly run high 6’s but when we first started building this chassis I used a couple pieces of mild steel so it won’t cert faster than 7.50. So for us to stand on it it will have to be 1/8th mile events

Very cool and wild stuff! It used to be a local car, I see. :)

I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but rear coil overs so far in(to make room for the massive wheels/tires, etc.) makes me think it looks unstable. What do people do to help keep them stable? Just jack up the rates on the rear springs and shocks to accommodate? Or is it fine and you just deal with the wobble that the inboard mounting locations and fatty tires give you?

Very cool and wild stuff! It used to be a local car, I see. :)

I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, but rear coil overs so far in(to make room for the massive wheels/tires, etc.) makes me think it looks unstable. What do people do to help keep them stable? Just jack up the rates on the rear springs and shocks to accommodate? Or is it fine and you just deal with the wobble that the inboard mounting locations and fatty tires give you?

Vehicle has one purpose and that is to go straight. So most of the adjustments to get it to transfer power to the ground and move car in a straight line is made with the four link there is a pretty massive anti roll that has tabs welded on rear end and bearings welded on chassis. Set the anti roll at zero and make adjustments to the four link to get car to go straight. There are a hand full of angles your looking at to get it to pick in the correct spot to get on top of the tire. And of course there?s a pretty long wheelie bar to keep the nose down. Some people tune with the wheelie bar to get it to go straight but that can be very dangerous. Setting up the four link correctly is crucial to getting the car to move straight... as far as high speed turns go? Your not gonna wanna take a turn lol

Sooo I was gonna post some pictures of the progress as we are about to fire this thing up next weekend but I can?t remember how to upload pictures lol, and imgur doesn?t work anymore for some reason

Well here’s a verbal update. Engine assembled trans built engine and trans installed for good floors welded in seats in gas pedal in steering rack relocation done home made coilovers bingo fuel cell built and installed yadayadayada it’s almost all been done lol

Back