• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

budget 240 b230ft swap

frankenstein-brick

hey guys
first im new in turbobricks
im 21 yrs old,from argentina
6 months ago i bought a 244 kjet,engine blown and serial rust everywhere
soo...i painted and found a b230ft engine with 120k km without harness/ecu
and another 244 with lh2.4 donor car(b2xx-auto trans)
my questions are
whats left to get it runing?
which ecu i need ?
is this harness compatible with this setup?

OK, I'll start. Welcome to the group!!

First of all, are there many old Volvos in Argentina? I'm kinda surprised to hear this.

Second, what did the B230FT come out of? If it came out of a 1990 or newer, you can use the harness out of the donor car. If you do this, you CANNOT use the injectors that are in the B230FT now. They are low resistance, you will need high resistance.

What are the LH/EZ116K module part numbers? That will help determining if you can use the ones from the donor car or not.

There are a bunch of other questions that are going to come up and we'll help you as much as possible. This has been done a million times and is pretty easy if you have the right pieces and advice. No question is too simple or too complex.

well to many 200/700/900 series but some of them are rusted to death or just have problems and dump the car,because find or buy volvo parts are to expensive here...taxes and import customs..
luckly ive found my 244 (kjet -m46),15 yrs left after the owner dies
well getting to the point
that b230ft came from a 96 i think 940T AUTO
i bought some 850 injectors to solve that problem
the donor car has lh2.4 sys ...sooo i need to found the ecu/icu and read serial to know if its gonna work?i would try next week
thanks for the support and patient

You could also put an aftermarket ecu if you want to make some headroom to your build.
Megasquirt's and microsuirt are pretty darn cheap, at least here where i live.

It's not the easiest or the cheapest route, but it's the best route!

Back