• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fox 5.0 swap electrical

BeaverMeat

Here is one for the 5.0 swapped guys.

The engine and trans are from a '90 Mustang 5.0. The ECC is throwing two codes at me because the ECC isn't receiving signal from the fuel pump and the neutral/clutch circuits. The guy who did the swap didn't bother to connect them. Which is O.K. for some people... not me. The car has a slight surging idle and I cant run a KOER test.

The fuel pump secondary circuit is easy enough.

The NSS circuit requires two switches connected in parallel. One on the transmission and one on the clutch. The NSS switch on the transmission is there, but it's just dangling there. I was thinking of tapping into the cruise control switch.

Has anyone done this? Or is there an other way?

I would try to figure out what signal either ground or voltage that the ecu wants to see and then add that to the circuit. You can just ground the circuit out if that is the signal the computer is looking for.

I would try to figure out what signal either ground or voltage that the ecu wants to see and then add that to the circuit. You can just ground the circuit out if that is the signal the computer is looking for.

That will work for the Fuel pump circuit fault. Just need to get 12V from the fuel pump replay. Done.

Right now the ECC thinks the car is in drive 100% of the time… which is ok-ish. The ECC wants to know when the car is in neutral or when the clutch is engaged so it can idle properly and run KOER diagnostics.

Right now the idle is all over the map because I can’t set the idle properly.

I thought about what you suggest… a temporary ground-out to set the idle and to run KOER diagnostics but it will still require wiring to hook it up… i still have I go under the car… etc, etc. so I might as well get it all to work as it’s supposed to if I’m going though all that effort.

Perhaps I can fit a Ford clutch switch to the Volvo pedal…

Just wondering if any other 5.0 guy have had this issue.

Last edited:
Back