• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

My new 122 Ratrod (sortof)

How are the wheels working out for you? I'd love to throw some more modern steelies on my 68 wagon but am always worried about appropriate backspacing.

How are the wheels working out for you? I'd love to throw some more modern steelies on my 68 wagon but am always worried about appropriate backspacing.

Turning radius is slightly reduced as they rub on the IPD swaybars, the rear requires a thin spacer. Some rolling of the fenders at this ride height would clear up some of the light rubbing under major suspension compression.

The 235 P7000 Pirellis are REDICULOUSLY grippy on this lil thing. :omg:

Thanks-

Says it's a 0.8 Ohms Resistor.

Paul

Yup, ballast resistors are encased in a large ceramic housing, so I'd use a resistor of that type specifically. I believe 240 turbo ballast resistors are the same measurement, so if you have one of those already just use that, if you don't have one the MSD price is unbeatable. You can even buy the coil and resistor as a package from summit or jegs.

I like the paint just the way it is. You can't buy character like that.

Thanks. I like it, paint is one of the last things I'm doing to it.

Turning radius is slightly reduced as they rub on the IPD swaybars, the rear requires a thin spacer. Some rolling of the fenders at this ride height would clear up some of the light rubbing under major suspension compression.

The 235 P7000 Pirellis are REDICULOUSLY grippy on this lil thing. :omg:

Last Q on the wheels, Size and width? Guessing 17x7?

35632_1671688107002_1081375237_1766861_1263304_n.jpg

163846_1671688867021_1081375237_1766862_2437121_n.jpg

SN95 Mustang Springs cut to length: Free
Flipped lower shock mount: $2.50 in bolts/washers
Flipped ball joint bolts: Free
Energy Suspension Low Profile Bump Stop: Donated by a friend

Suspension travel at a SIGNIFICANTLY lower ride height: Priceless

35593_1671690067051_1081375237_1766863_5314825_n.jpg

Bucket seats: Free
Seat Rails: Free

Not having a metal rod jabbing you in the back over every bump: Priceless.

I can say, in complete certainly, that at least 3 of the PNW crew have the hots for this car. Myself included.

nice 122 man...

not really a ratrod.....

"Originally a counter-reaction to the traditional hot rod, a label recently applied to undriven cars and super high priced "customs", the rat rod's beginning was a throwback to the hot rods of the earlier days of hot-rodding, built to the best of the owner's abilities and meant to be driven. Rat rods are meant to loosely imitate in form and function the "traditional" hot rods of the era. Biker, greaser, rockabilly, and punk cultures are often credited as influences that shaped rat rodding."

WIKI...

sure seems to fall into the "ratrod" category to me

Back