• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Porsche 944 Volvo 2.3 T5 engine swap

https://ibb.co/NrknYQd

Here's the car acid dipped shell full colour change to Rivera blue infused carbon roof skin, full weld in cage, glassfibre front end, 968 club sport front brakes, gaz coilovers, pedal box, stand alone ECU etc
Yes that's an RS2 project in the background of the workshop as well.
I will get the Volvo lump into this car and working!

Too nice for a Volvo motor, that engine bay says LS

It has been done

I have a Porsche 944 project car and am trying to find any information about fitting a 2.3 T5 engine I'm sure it's been done but can't find any specific information about mounting it/ adapter plates etc Can anyone point me in the right direction?
There was a guy in my hometown here in sweden working on this for a couple of years ago.

Found this thread from sweden aswell a guy swapping that crapp Porsche engine to something more reliable.
The best from 2 worlds... in my opinion....
https://rejsa.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110101&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=63

Put a D24 in it.

1139-IMG_6600.jpg

http://d24t.com/showthread.php?t=1779

You are wanting to swap in a Volvo engine orignally designed as a six cylinder by Porsche for Volvo to use as a modular engine design. I hope it works out for you. I like the idea. Sorry don't have any helpful suggestions.

If you would go diesel, this is sitting next to my L33 engine in the warehouse at work, 2 stroke supercharged and turbocharged Detroit Diesel 4-71 would be interesting :-P

BUWSy8wl.jpg

I would think the block height/length and the fact that the T5 has a very beefy but un-movable lower block skirt might make it hard to fit tilted over. Too bad that swede guy hasn't posted a pic of the engine in the bay. Presumably he fit it in? The engine bay on 944 is seriously tight... they are like the anti-brick...

swap an audi 5 cylinder engine 2.2 turbo its has been done and it fit to the porsche gearbox

I've got a 87 944s and looked into doing the swap several years ago. Plan on buying the 960 oil pan to cut up and a 2in cowl hood, custom exhaust, low to no vac for brakes, custom low profile bell housing and pilot bearing, motor mounts, just as a start.

It can definitely be done but once you start putting a price to your time, you get a kind of sinking feeling. That's even before adding the real money in.
I'd spend some time looking for a wrecked 968 doner car. Then you could have the 3.0 and a 6 speed.

Op as a fellow Porsche guy I wish you well in your endeavor, but some things are bound for Craigslist

Volvo t5 engine swap

I now have all the parts I need for the swap and pulled the engine out of the donar car and have it slotted into the 944 engine bay.
I have a complete car minus the engine if anyone needs any parts (UK)

Also single mass flywheel which models came with those they all seem to be dual mass?

I now have all the parts I need for the swap and pulled the engine out of the donar car and have it slotted into the 944 engine bay.
I have a complete car minus the engine if anyone needs any parts (UK)

Also single mass flywheel which models came with those they all seem to be dual mass?

850R and pre-1996 850 I think...

Back