• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Whats a good quality head gasket for a +T car?

HELLOW

Where can I find a good quality head gasket and head studs for my b230 +T car going to be running around 13 psi out of a 19T, want it to be reliable. Are there any thicker gaskets to lower the compression a bit?

Althena sell copper ringed head gaskets, but stock headgasket should hold that. If you'd like some more clamping force, both KGtrimmning and klracing sell grade 12.9 head bolts which are a cheap upgrade at 50eu

I have run Reinz, Mahle, and Elring without issues in my turbo cars. Elring is the best one to use now, as they have added some urethane seals for coolant.

Where can I find a good quality head gasket and head studs for my b230 +T car going to be running around 13 psi out of a 19T, want it to be reliable. Are there any thicker gaskets to lower the compression a bit?

Using a thicker gasket to drop compression ratio is one of the worst things you can do on an 8v. The quench pads are important, and a thicker gasket makes theme useless. Often times a thinner gasket is better (to a point).

Best way to drop CR on a 8v is to open up the exhaust side of the combustion chamber.

As far as a good gasket: Elring gasket kits are now coming with a RTV/Silicone bead around the water and oil ports. These are great gaskets, and work well into very high HP and boost ranges.

Last edited:
Using a thicker gasket to drop compression ratio is one of the worst things you can do on an 8v. The quench pads are important, and a thicker gasket makes theme useless. Often times a thinner gasket is better (to a point).

Best way to drop CR on a 8v is to open up the exhaust side of the combustion chamber.

As far as a good gasket: Elring gasket kits are not coming with a RTV/Silicone bead around the water and oil ports. These are great gaskets, and work well into very high HP and boost ranges.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-engine-cylinder-head-gasket-940-740-760-780-244-245-240-242

Looks rather a lot like a silicone bead around the water and oil ports on that picture.

Back