home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 07-01-2020, 12:30 AM   #1
B_Cakes

Default B230F Cam Choice Help

Hey yall, I'm new to this site but I've been trying to do some research as to what cam I would like to swap in my 1989 240 B230F. I recently just did a head gasket on the thing and for the most part shes in good shape. It's a completely stock motor with the ol' AW70 and eventually I would like to turbo the motor and see if I can't find a manual gearbox for it. Only problem is I'm a little short on funds, so in the mean time I was hoping to getting a small increase in performance to satisfy my desire to mod. I was considering doing a 531 swap from the 530 and getting a cam but I don't know enough to be able to pick out a cam myself. I've read a bunch of stuff about the A/B cams and such and for a while I was set on the IPD N/A cam but given its price tag I was looking for a bit more bang for my buck. It's a daily driver and I was looking for some lower to mid-range power out of it without tanking driveability Any advice or articles would be appreciated

Last edited by B_Cakes; 07-01-2020 at 12:36 AM..
B_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 04:02 AM   #2
classicswede
Volvo upgrades

I would go with a A cam. It gives a bit more pull than the M you have without loosing low end just improves mid and upper. The other good thing with the A is that it will be ideal for when you do go +T

classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote