• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

LH2.4 FT swap in LH2.2 240

Log-dog

I have a B230FT(LH2.4) Motor I am swapping into my ‘88 245 with LH2.2 fuel system. What is the best way to integrate the two? It sounds like LH2.4 is more desirable, however, can we run LH2.2 into a B230FT with LH2.4 from factory?

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
You could just reuse all your LH 2.2 sensors. Distributor with hall sensor, coolant temperature sensor (the two wire one), AMM, TPS, computers, wiring, etc. I believe the only real difference between the engines will be the newer one will have a slot for a position sensor for the flywheel that is not used with LH2.2.

If you have the complete LH2.4 setup with computers, then that would be ideal. If you convert back to LH2.2, then you will need the LH2.2 Turbo ECU & EZK module.

Thanks for input!
I have aspirations to modify this build for increased boost(looking to hit 300hp at the wheel at some point). If I don’t do a full 2.4 switch will I be stuck on an insufficient platform to accommodate 15+PSI etc?

I'd suggest converting to LH2.4. You'll need a NA LH2.4 240 Engine Wiring Harness, plus a LH2.4 Turbo ECU, a EZK116 Turbo ignition box, the Turbo injector resistor module with wiring, a LH2.4 MAF and a LH2.4 IAC (if they didn't come with the engine).

If you stay with the original NA LH2.2, you'll need to replace the Chrysler ignition box with a EZK117 Turbo ignition box, which takes custom wiring, or at least a section of donor harness from a Turbo LH2.2 740, and you'll need a Turbo LH2.2 ECU.

Chipping LH2.4/EZK116 is much easier and more common than LH2.2/EZK117.

I have ONE 240 LH2.4 harness left. I know a few other members have some for sale too.

It's only 4 or 5 wires to make it run. You will have a high idle unless you swap the rear diff.

You will have a high idle unless you swap the rear diff.
A '88 245 should have an electronic speedometer (vs. mechanical cable driven), so the VSS Vehicle Speed Signal is available on the back of the cluster, but will need a new wire to connect it to the LH2.4 ECU.

A '88 245 should have an electronic speedometer (vs. mechanical cable driven), so the VSS Vehicle Speed Signal is available on the back of the cluster, but will need a new wire to connect it to the LH2.4 ECU.

GOOD!

Back