• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

installing a sony deck into a 245...

brokespeed

Today I went into my 245 and pulled out the stock radio/tape player to install a sony cdx1200 cd player. Before I started I knew It was going to be a pain because I don't have a manual for the cd player and I don't know the colors for the stock wires. Well, once I got in there I noticed that I only had an attena feed and a plug in with 9 holes(coming out of the hole left by the radio), not all of the wires in the 9 wire harness/plug in are are used. One of the wires coming off the plug in is red and goes back to a connecter after about 8 inches... I can't find anything to connect it to. Is it supposed to be connected? also, coming out of the back of the stock radio was a harness that had 4 black wires running off of it (I believe one was black and yellow, one was black and white and the other two were just black). Is this supposed to connect to anything?.... I looked around to find another harness that might have slipped out during removal, but I could not find one. I have a haynes and a bentley and it appears neither of them have a wiring diagram for the radio. So, anyone know of a resource that would tell me what color wire is what?....or am I just going to have to test each wire for power and continuity and then randomly connect till it works...
Thanks for reading that long, unorganized post
Brokespeed.

On installdr everytime I try select my model uner volvo it tells me the page cannot be found....if i try to view the message board it tells me I am unauthorized.... thanks for the link though.
Brokespeed

I put a Sony deck into my 745 this summer without any manual. If you have a multi-meter, you should be able to isolate all the wires such as battery power, ignition power (voltmeter) and speakers (through continuity or ohms). I did this and it didn't take me much more than an hour. As I identified each wire, I put a small piece of masking tape on them and wrote what it was (eg. front left speaker).

if you want i can walk you threw it

i need to know the color of all the wires thier including the ones with the main color then a different color stripe on it..

Back