• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

S/V/C Replacement power antenna masts

Bready

board deviant
Anyone have preferred power antenna mast replacement for late 90s early 2000 power antennas? I've been using a brand from FCP but have found I need to grind down the bronze base a bit for it to fit. Just started getting a grinding noise out of the replacement I installed (I seem to break the things once or twice a year) a few months ago.

Just wondering what folks are using that actually fits.

Thanks

for my 90 740 I bought the whole unit used from 2manyturbos mine was not broken it just stopped working so the motor was bad. I guess that doesn't really help your question sorry. :)

We have this little old lady that comes in 4 or 5 times a summer in her low mileage S70 and we replace her mast (just the mast) with a Volvo one. She always goes through a car wash with the antenna up. So if you want a Volvo one, better get it before she uses all stock of them.

Jordan

We have this little old lady that comes in 4 or 5 times a summer in her low mileage S70 and we replace her mast (just the mast) with a Volvo one. She always goes through a car wash with the antenna up. So if you want a Volvo one, better get it before she uses all stock of them.

Jordan

:rofl: I have a 240 customer that does the same thing about once every two years. Buys gas, goes through the car wash and remembers about the antenna immediately upon exiting the wash. The last time it happened she didn't bother to replace it. The late 240 wagon antenna was an idiotic design. Volvo should have to supply free replacements if you show them your car and a title in your name.

:lol:

I couldn't find an OEM version anywhere. :e-shrug:

And I break mine on my garage door once or twice a year it seems, though I've gotten better at turning off the radio before driving in.

Just looking for the mast itself - motor still works well after 300K miles :omg:

PM your VIN. I"ll try to remember to look to see if I can still get it from the dealer and get you the PN.

Won't be able to do it until tomorrow morning though

Jordan

Back