• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Using fuel pump cam lobe for a trigger

Too fast was l.

But yeah, this is nice solution for a cam trigger on B230. Air gap is little pain to get right, so adjustable (w threads) sensor is more forgiving with design.

I made first prototype of cam with angle grinder. Second one was made first by milling and then turning the cam to get off-centric off. With that one air gap was too big and small adjustment of braket was needed.

https://www.cbperformance.com/product-p/7073.htm

This is for VW air-cooled engines, but suits also B20 and B30
Similar to Compu-Fire DIS trigger for VW or most any 4 cyl Bosch distributor. I had that system adapted to B21

22511b_500x500.png

Well, they were on sale, so I got one of the CB Performance cam sensors for VW. I can confirm they fit with the B20 distributor drive.
A single hall sensor for cam. Plan to use a DIY 36:1 crank trigger wheel with a hall sensor for sequential ignition with LS coils and Microsquirt.

what 36-1 trigger wheel/spacer/pulley are you using? And what sensor? My engine is on a stand, so if you wanted to, I could engineer a sooper bichin billet bracket for your sensor setup.

Like this, maybe? Sold out and pricey

Per the manual, 9 teeth before the gap at tdc, so 9/36=90/360 and the cam sensor aligned
I’ve got a 36-1 toothed wheel. Let me see what I can get going for a pulley. I’ve got one of dales edis single groove pulleys and I think it’s something I can work something out for you

Back