• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

patrickstars 1983 242 4.8L/AR5 swap

Love the steering wheel.

I understand the crimps and heatshrink: somethings is just comes out so much like you imagined it should it's significance far outweighs it's importance.

Love the steering wheel.

I understand the crimps and heatshrink: somethings is just comes out so much like you imagined it should it's significance far outweighs it's importance.

I've had that steering wheel for nearly 10 years now, I installed it in my first car (mk1 Rabbit) and have held onto it since then. I'm happy its found a good home in a Volvo

I've decided to run my 15x8 Epsilons for a while, I'm not planning on installing the R calipers until next winter. I'm looking at tires and was thinking about the Falken Azenis RT615k. Any opinions? Suggestions? I'm looking for 205/50R15

people like them, wouldn't plan on enjoying them in the rain if it's going to be a full use car. For 200tw consider the new Dunlop ZIII, little more money but better overall tire IMO. RE71r is kinda the benchmark 200tw tire but they go quick.

people like them, wouldn't plan on enjoying them in the rain if it's going to be a full use car. For 200tw consider the new Dunlop ZIII, little more money but better overall tire IMO. RE71r is kinda the benchmark 200tw tire but they go quick.

I'm planning a fair weather car, but will consider the Dunlops. I could settle with something a little more all around, but the Falkens are a good price

Super exciting. Who did your powder coating please?

I got it done at M&M Powdercoating over in Fruit Valley. They were quick, price was good, and I had a good selection of colors. Pretty easy process all said and done. Truth be told, they were just the first person to pop up when I googled "Powder coating Vancouver"

I got it done at M&M Powdercoating over in Fruit Valley. They were quick, price was good, and I had a good selection of colors. Pretty easy process all said and done. Truth be told, they were just the first person to pop up when I googled "Powder coating Vancouver"

and if you keep driving down the road they're on you'll find a nice little spot to launch your boat or shoot your bow/shot gun.

and if you keep driving down the road they're on you'll find a nice little spot to launch your boat or shoot your bow/shot gun.

We've started walking our dog over in that area. Plenty of exploring to be done.

Cool, I need to explore out there more. I've gone our Lower River Rd a few times and enjoyed it

I've lived here my entire life, there's a ton of hidden gems around here. Once the world opens back up all of us vancouver people should meet up at the Brickhouse for a beer/volvo meet. The owner, Steve, is a super rad dude and supports car culture.

I've lived here my entire life, there's a ton of hidden gems around here. Once the world opens back up all of us vancouver people should meet up at the Brickhouse for a beer/volvo meet. The owner, Steve, is a super rad dude and supports car culture.

I would love to, I cruised my van to Brickhouse once or twice this summer to grab some food. I mentioned it in the OT PNW chat, but the coffee shop I go to (Brewed Cafe & Pub downtown) is owned by a Volvo guy. A Volvo cars & coffee would be fun

Spent some time this morning finishing up the rear suspension. BNE hybrid torque rods, panhard, Billy HDs, B&G lowering springs

ARfB1bVl.jpg

0oRH0LKl.jpg

686USuvl.jpg

Put the Epsilons on, I'm thinking I'll want a spacer in the rear.

i6zU2Ycl.jpg

Installed the STS heater core port as well, I'm not running HVAC right now but I wanted to get it installed while the dash was out. Eventually I'm going to swap in a universal JEGS heater core, just for defrost and stuff

I had been having issues for weeks that the LS wasn't running correctly. Driver side bank wasn't firing, which was causing a super rich condition and backfiring. I checked all the usual suspects (grounds for the Terminator X, injectors, plugs, wires, coils, etc) and everything was fine! Finally, I found a facebook post that sounded like my issue where the guy had installed his coil sub-harness wrong. I thought back to a few summers ago when I painted my coil brackets, ran out to the shop and the driver side coil harness was installed backward. Flipped it around and it runs perfect now!

I'm a lot more motivated to get it on the ground now that it idles. I need to torque all the rear suspension stuff, find some wheels/tires, and finish wiring the taillights. Hoping for a real test drive in early march

HwKlyVql.jpg

44sir8ql.jpg

After four years of owning this car and two years of working on the LS swap, I have driven my 242 under its own power for the first time. It was incredible.

Still a lot of loose ends to clean up. I need to install the B&G springs and billy HDs up front. Need to wire my e-fan. Clean up the fuel lines under the car.

This might be a stupid question, but can I take it in to a shop for an alignment with all the Kaplhenke stuff in the rear? I feel like no one is going to touch it, but I'd like it to be aligned by a professional and get everything torqued down.

Back