home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > performance & modifications

Old 02-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #26
RvolvoR
Board Member

also, the 9 cm^2 housing comes out to roughly .79 compared to a garrett t3 backhousing
RvolvoR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 02:59 PM   #27
Dirty Rick
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvolvoR View Post
The turbine housing wouldn't make the car stop or not rev...it would limit the power being made, but not make it not rev.

I think its a trigger pickup issue, some sort of protection set in MS, or (like dirtyrick was saying) you've got some fuel system issues.
Using stock plumbing may be an issue as the higher flow volume needed for corn may be holding it back. This is an important reason to check the pressure at the rail under load.

NOTE: I am still looking for a nice 90° adapter to connect to the rail, my rigged setup is prone to leak. I don't understand why they oriented that test fitting pointing down!!??
I did not notice if TLAO is still using the stock rail and regulator.
The tapered seat fitting at the inlet to the rail has a pretty small hole in it!

Last edited by Dirty Rick; 02-18-2020 at 03:28 PM..
Dirty Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 03:33 PM   #28
rb92673
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rick View Post
NOTE: I am still looking for a nice 90° adapter to connect to the rail, my rigged setup is prone to leak. I don't understand why they oriented that test fitting pointing down!!??
I used this banjo bolt in my fuel filter and a fuel pressure sensor of eBay.

https://www.glowshiftdirect.com/fuel...valve-cummins/
rb92673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 09:21 PM   #29
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by RvolvoR View Post
also, the 9 cm^2 housing comes out to roughly .79 compared to a garrett t3 backhousing
Where did you come to this figure? I found other data that says it is closer to .54
Old 02-18-2020, 09:23 PM   #30
thelostartof
unbalanced chemical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Rick View Post
Using stock plumbing may be an issue as the higher flow volume needed for corn may be holding it back. This is an important reason to check the pressure at the rail under load.

I did not notice if TLAO is still using the stock rail and regulator.
The tapered seat fitting at the inlet to the rail has a pretty small hole in it!
I am using all new -8 plumbing from the tank to the inline 350il to the stock filter (necks down to -6 coming out of the stock filter, this is not a restriction as a friend is pushing 642whp on a stock volvo filter with -6 in and out of it) and then -8 to the rail/fpr. the rail is -6 threaded aftermarket unit nathan used to make with his manifolds. Not a stock fuel system part in the system besides the stock cover on the gas tank and the stock -5 return line going back to the tank.

I am working on getting a GoPro Mounted underhood so I can monitor the fuel pressure. I am running a DWR1000 FPR.

Either way I am relooking at my fuel system setup to see what I can tweak to see what is going on. Thanks for all of the advice and guidance. I will see what I can dig up.

Last edited by thelostartof; 02-18-2020 at 09:44 PM..
thelostartof is offline   Reply With Quote