• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Who's left from the ol' days?

Ursan

Bored Member
I mean from the time Angel was running things?

I joined when Angel got a bit fed up with SB. There were like 6 of us.

Fed up might not be the right word.

Who's here from those days back in 1996/1997?

I still have messages in my email from back then.

Can I change my join date to 1997? :lol:

tumbleweed004gi3.gif

People look at my join date here & don't realize that TB was a group for about 7 years prior to that.

I'm still trying to find the emails back and forth between Angel & myself. He was commenting on my inability to get help from SB when I wanted to find out if there was a higher output alternator than the 55amp stocker and getting "the car was designed for 55amps and that is adequate".

I think the clincher was when I installed a B230 intake on my '79 GT Turbo. SBers can be insulting and polite at the same time.

what's sb?

Swedishbricks...........I can't remember when I started here, but it was in email format for a bit. I've been online since mid 90's, so probably not too long after that, although I remember very little from the early days. Been into Volvo's since the 80's, so was definitely searching for Volvo stuff on the net back then. Exciting times in the early days, I used to think I was one of only a handful who thought Volvo's made good hot rods.

I joined a long time ago, but then got pissed at some people and basically left for years. I can't remember when it was or what my old username was, but probably was about 2000. I used to work the amiga BS boards on dialup in the 80's.

I was on the list serve for a long time, also on badbricks.. Think 1996-97 when I got my first car my 61 p1800.
I remember Pwschuh and JohnMC and a few assorted others..

Chaos and Mayhem was the pinnacle of TB though:lol:

I joined SwedishBricks in the early part of '95 and joined TB when it was originally formed by Angel. SB faded away ~ '00? or so and the discussions on TB were much more focused before moving to a BB.

I was on SB for quite some time, had a HUGE falling out with Tim Takahashi over something I can't remember now... Didn't join the Turbobricks list that came about because, well, at the time I didn't have a turbo brick. :-(

Back