• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Stock ride height

Wlask

Could I ask someone with stock front springs to measure their ride height (from center of hub to wheel arch)?

I've been searching but cannot find anything.

No one knows I bet. Since you didn't state the year or type of 240, here is all the info I have lol

My 1978 owners manual says:
242 and 244: Height, curb weight: 56.3"
245: Height, curb weight: 57.5"

Where did they measure to? Who knows. Are you trying to get a totally stock ride height?

Mine measured ~27 inches off the ground with 195/60r14 tires, That was in a 83 242 with b23, no Ac or power steering

To get 56 inches they must have measured to the roof

I read through the Greenbook on the Body this morning and found no mention to ride height.

A manual on another car measures the ride height from the center of the wheel opening to the center of the wheel hub. That would seem logical as it eliminates the tire size and wear and does report the suspension wear and sag.

Maybe if we took a poll and added an inch due to relaxed springs and worn parts on 40 year old cars we could declare that the official number . . . if it matters.

No one knows I bet. Since you didn't state the year or type of 240, here is all the info I have lol

My 1978 owners manual says:
242 and 244: Height, curb weight: 56.3"
245: Height, curb weight: 57.5"

Where did they measure to? Who knows. Are you trying to get a totally stock ride height?

"Height" is probably for clearance purposes. Therefore it would presumably be to the highest point of the car, probably somewhere in the middle of the roof.

The tires they measured with might not be quite the same diameter/height as yours though...

If one is just checking for sag, perhaps you could measure at a number of points which are supposed to be laid out parallel to the ground - perhaps the screw-jack points? - and then compare the measurements. In practice I am not going to worry about it unless it obviously looks tilted.

I have replaced blown out torque rod bushings in a 240 and it brought the rear of the vehicle back up significantly. The previous owner installed overload springs and it didn't fix the sag.

Back