• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

940 Engine locked

I bought a 1958 444 decades ago with a seized engine. Popped the head off and was lucky that none of the pistons were at tdc. Filled them with atf and Kroil. Let it work while I was at the 1976 new model school. Got a piece of wood about cylinder diameter and a favorite hammer. Every day it got a wack. One day it moved. Reinstalled the head and got it running. Drove it for many years until it grew a picture window.

I bought a 1958 444 decades ago with a seized engine. Popped the head off and was lucky that none of the pistons were at tdc. Filled them with atf and Kroil. Let it work while I was at the 1976 new model school. Got a piece of wood about cylinder diameter and a favorite hammer. Every day it got a wack. One day it moved. Reinstalled the head and got it running. Drove it for many years until it grew a picture window.

:rofl:

You took off ps and alt etc belts?

No, no need

The first problem I have is getting the water out. There is so much in there that using the air compressor does nothing - What's a good way of extracting the water? I also tried to use a syringe, but that was also hopeless.

No, no need

The first problem I have is getting the water out. There is so much in there that using the air compressor does nothing - What's a good way of extracting the water? I also tried to use a syringe, but that was also hopeless.

Take the head off? Then you'll be able to see the situation better too.

may be leave the spark plug out, hand crank the engine a few cycles, then spin it over on the starter. I think that will get most coolant out.
BUT, the coolant did not magically end up inside that cylinder, it had to come from somewhere. Most likely from a blown head gasket. So, maybe it is best to pull the head off right away so you can remove the coolant and reassemble it with a new fresh head gasket.

No, no need

How about try rig a shop vac, put the thinnest tip on vac, and tape a long tube narrow enough to get into where you need it to go ?

:-P

Back