• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

740 Seat Foam

Seems to be discontinued. Seat foam is available for seats with cloth or newer style leather seats but not the 740 leather seats. I've dismantled a lot of 740 seats and I never noticed them to be worn out or damaged. So it seems like sourcing a passenger seat foam is your best bet. I'll be honest, I hate the 740 leather seats, I doubt you would really feel a difference with new seat foam. They are just not comfortable seats. I switched to the newer style leather seats and have never looked back.

Seems to be discontinued. Seat foam is available for seats with cloth or newer style leather seats but not the 740 leather seats. I've dismantled a lot of 740 seats and I never noticed them to be worn out or damaged. So it seems like sourcing a passenger seat foam is your best bet. I'll be honest, I hate the 740 leather seats, I doubt you would really feel a difference with new seat foam. They are just not comfortable seats. I switched to the newer style leather seats and have never looked back.
That's what I always thought about the seats as well but then I got into a 91 740 with manual leather seats with only 75k miles of wear and it was incredibly comfortable for a 200mile trip.
What I most noticed was the front of the seat lower. There's no support for the foam there so I think it changes shape (and likely density) over the years and stops supporting your lower thigh area.

Back