• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1994 945 Turbo Ultimate DD Build

great idea on the elastic. I hate the saggy seat back pockets. Will be a great driver I'm sure, nice attention to detail

great idea on the elastic. I hate the saggy seat back pockets. Will be a great driver I'm sure, nice attention to detail

Thank you!

Yeah they're an eyesore when they're all stretched out! I don't really store anything in them beyond flat papers or usb cables so hopefully they won't get saggy again

How much camber did you get out of it with the stock diameter front spring? Wondering if the BNE mount can push it a little farther than the stock one.

How much camber did you get out of it with the stock diameter front spring? Wondering if the BNE mount can push it a little farther than the stock one.

I haven't actually measured but I'll check it with the camber gauge at work tomorrow if I remember.

You can get more camber from them but you sacrifice some extra caster. I installed them so the steering axis is equally as rearward and inboard as possible.

Ultimately the lower spring perch will be the limiting factor unless you beat in your strut tower. I cannot condone that

Last edited:
Thank you!! My latest photos were from November, so I have quite a bit of progress to update yet :cool:

Looking really great, the detailing in particular. I wasn?t aware of those springs and I shop FCP regularly. Went to buy them the other day when I saw your post and they are gone/on back order. Damn!

Looking really great, the detailing in particular. I wasn’t aware of those springs and I shop FCP regularly. Went to buy them the other day when I saw your post and they are gone/on back order. Damn!

Thank you! I can get a bit too meticulous sometimes, I often have to stop myself at a certain point or buffing the exterior could become a month long project lol

I almost didn't find them either! For some reason they're not listed as fitting a 1994 940 wagon

Last edited:
Got my new OEM mudguards, I ordered them from Volvo of Tulsa because their online parts catalog had them for the lowest price at the time. $73.45 shipped for front and rear kits!

xjkzj2x.jpg

cNQ7VcI.jpg

Before installing the mudguards I removed the wheel liners, power washed, and scrubbed them. I also power washed inside the wheelhouses. You'll be amazed how much dirt accumulates in there over the years. This is what fell out just from removing the liners.

TVr5gqE.jpg

After the wheelhouses and liners were clean, I put some closed cell foam on the backside of the liners. The foam should decouple the hard plastic from the body sheet metal as well as keep it from resonating as much.

I wasn't expecting much difference in NVH but it was actually noticeable! I should've checked dB before and after, dang it.

I also applied a generous coating of Nox-Rust to the exposed areas of the wheel house. It gives it some additional corrosion protection and gives a fresh black color.

This is a waxy, semi-drying coating, which is nice for stuff like this because it'll actually stick without the surface being totally dust free, like you would need it be to apply paint or undercoat. If you've ever worked on a GM truck, this is the coating they use on their frames, GM doesn't even bother painting them.

CHLbf65.jpg

2CW8vfN.jpg

Mia0mxm.jpg

Hpnqopf.jpg

New mudguards after the wheel liners went back in! I like the look of them and they really do keep the car so much cleaner. Plus it helps keep sand/mud off the sides which can scratch your paint if you're not careful with your wash mitt.

17FiiZs.jpg

Got my new OEM mudguards.

New mudguards after the wheel liners went back in! I like the look of them and they really do keep the car so much cleaner. Plus it helps keep sand/mud off the sides which can scratch your paint if you're not careful with your wash mitt.

Part numbers for kits:

Thanks for posting the part numbers for the kits. I ordered a new front and rear set from Volvo of Lisle:

https://parts.volvocarslisle.com/

Which seems to have the best prices online for new Volvo parts.

nice, didn't know they were that cheap new. Looks good.

See it says 94-95, do you happen to know what makes it different from a 93 and older 940?

nice, didn't know they were that cheap new. Looks good.

See it says 94-95, do you happen to know what makes it different from a 93 and older 940?

Hmm, I don't see anything that would make a difference but I'm for sure. Maybe just a cataloging error?

I picked up a side marker kit from FCP during cyber monday. These are the pro parts sweden lenses and came with OEM wires/connectors.

One slight annoyance was that the clear side marker kit came with clear bulbs.

I ordered some 194 amber glass LED bulbs from superbrightleds but I ended up using some amber incandescents I had. The amber led isn't as warm and you can really see the diode through the lens. (LED is on the right)

Also- The wires supplied by FCP were about 6 inches too short to splice in at the front turn signal. If you don't lengthen the wire you'll need to slice open the wire loom pretty far back.

EOQJLvM.jpg

qCi9pKB.jpg

UD93OaT.jpg

Fxmmg8U.jpg

dPEtDdn.jpg

After I got my wideband in, I installed ecu/ezk chips from redblockpowered and turned up the boost a little. I had forgotten how slow these cars are in stock form, my previous car was an S60 T5 which probably had twice the power :lol: The stage 1 chips and 12psi made the car way more fun to drive, now it'll actually spin the tires :oogle:

Plug were in unknown condition so I swapped them out for some NGK BPR7ES and did a compression test just for fun.

Cyl 1: 170 PSI
Cyl 2: 172 PSI
Cyl 3: 172 PSI
Cyl 4: 174 PSI

Surprised and impressed for 236k, this is the first redblock I've owned with squirters so maybe that's the difference.

V3avaXz.jpg

The car still had the original exhaust, which was leaking/rattling. I had planned on building a 2.5" SS exhaust but I didn't want to commit to a muffler setup until I knew how loud it would be.

I found an OEM take-off exhaust in our scrap pile from a nearly new Ram 1500, which had 2 small straight-through mufflers and was 2.25", perfect for replacing my crusty mufflers and seeing how the car sounds.

I like the sound level, it's not loud at idle but you know it's running. I think when I go to 2.5" pipe, two straight-through oval mufflers will be just right.

HoT7jiu.jpg

cprnC7e.jpg

Bought the IPD turbo cam kit. Hopefully I don't have the shim wear issues that some people here have experienced lately...

Installed it with the help of my totally legit Volvo green book. I'll be changing my oil in a few hundred miles to see if my magnetic plug has caught anything.

Also received my UTCOMP Pro from Reveltronics. Shipped from Poland to KC in a week! Had some fun with the splash screen :-P

The screen will fit perfectly under the radio and should blend pretty will with the rest of the interior lights

9OrBTI5.jpg

W5yNSPr.jpg

fx00IPS.jpg

QgC02O2.jpg

Back