• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Vandalised Seatbelt Warning

B307

I bought a 1990 240 (with the modern seatbelts) and the seatbelt warning turns on and chimes for 5 seconds before turning off. I know some idiots try to disable these by cutting wires or removing bulbs and whatnot but I don't see any cut wires under the parking brake cover and I know all two of the warning lights work because they turn on when I turn the key to II.

Should the lights be flashing when you turn the key to II? Because in my case they just turn on then turn off at the same time as the chime after 5 seconds.

Also under the parking brake cover there is a connector housing with three bullet connectors with a Red wire on the left Green wire in the middle, Two Greys and a White With Red Stripe wire on the right connector. The female end has a Blue on the left and a White With Red Stripe on the right but no wire in the middle that would connect to the Green that leads to the passenger seat belt.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but the heated seats don't work and the button doesn't light up. Also the light above the ashtray doesn't light up at all and I don't actually know when it's supposed to light up.

Also I have found a few springs that I assume fell out from under the seats. Could these control the pressure sensors?

The seatbelt reminder in these cars is just that, a reminder. It'll buzz or chime at you for a few seconds if you start the car without your belt on then leave you alone. (At least that's what my 240s did)

The heated seat switches are a in a prime location for drink spillage, decent chance they just need cleaning/replacement especially if they feel gummy.

The seatbelt reminder in these cars is just that, a reminder. It'll buzz or chime at you for a few seconds if you start the car without your belt on then leave you alone. (At least that's what my 240s did)

The heated seat switches are a in a prime location for drink spillage, decent chance they just need cleaning/replacement especially if they feel gummy.

I can second this with the heater switches. I ended up stripping down the switches and they were completely gummed up by 30 years of spilled sodas.

I can second this with the heater switches. I ended up stripping down the switches and they were completely gummed up by 30 years of spilled sodas.

Thanks I'll take a look inside the switches

Back