• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Back to the drawing board...6-speed options for a Redblock?

If you have a serious enough project to justify a T56, some extra transmission weight is not going to kill you.

It has 6 gears and it's strong, so of course it's going to weigh more than most average transmissions, being that most are either only 5 speed, weaker, or both.

If you care about the weight and need the strength get a Tremec 5 speed instead.

IMO the main advantage of the T56 is the strength ands serviceability. The fact that it's 6 speed is secondary. if there was a 5 speed T56 that was 20 or 30lb lighter, I'd rather have that. I just don't need 6 gears.

How strong is the T56? Im sure the V8 guys have it figured out pretty well. For some reason i have it in my head that they are generally rated in the 5-600hp range? Not that thats a huge stopping block for TB but just curious. You make it sound like they are comparable to a T5 and such which is stronger?

Sorry for the repetition, just wanna clear that up.

actually bugatti is 1200 but venom gt is 1201.

Im sure he has a 900 hp honda and his buddy has a 1500 hp gti and I have a 1400 hp bmw 635. Everyday I hear kids exaggerating about **** and its ****ing annoying.

kids? the only child in the conversation is you.

actually bugatti is 1200 but venom gt is 1201.

Im sure he has a 900 hp honda and his buddy has a 1500 hp gti and I have a 1400 hp bmw 635. Everyday I hear kids exaggerating about **** and its ****ing annoying.

you are so right.. I really have no place to talk.. please accept my sincerest apologies for ever questioning any of the wisdom and proven facts that you have provided to this forum over the years... :roll:

-Sam

1_09_12_07_9_25_23.gif

you are so right.. I really have no place to talk.. please accept my sincerest apologies for ever questioning any of the wisdom and proven facts that you have provided to this forum over the years... :roll:

-Sam

I didnt mention any names. I simply called bull**** on a claim that a production nissan tranny can hold up to 1100 horsepower for more than a few pulls, and everyone freaked out.

I guess this forum has really gone down hill.

ha you guys are rediculous. My 780 is a daily driver with just a few upgrades. I dont go claiming ****. I dont tell people i drive a 10 second car or that its got 500 hp. You know why? because I dont give a ****. If you do have a 1100 hp setup congratulations, I dont care.

If you are running a factory tranny, then its probly not gonna last much longer.

ha you guys are rediculous. My 780 is a daily driver with just a few upgrades. I dont go claiming ****. I dont tell people i drive a 10 second car or that its got 500 hp. You know why? because I dont give a ****. If you do have a 1100 hp setup congratulations, I dont care.

If you are running a factory tranny, then its probly not gonna last much longer.

you have mahle pistons and even rods! Crazy guy you are

ah, so now it's "probably" instead of "it won't and you're wrong".

I didnt mention any names. I simply called bull**** on a claim that a production nissan tranny can hold up to 1100 horsepower for more than a few pulls, and everyone freaked out.

you tried to tell a person who is running the stock trans with close enough to 1100 horsepower that that's BS.

ahh now its "close too"

so you have 200ish whp experience(not with the nissan trans) and you are confident that you know more than someone with 900ish whp experience with that exact trans. who's the one making wild "i know a guy" claims now? just because volvo didn't overbuild there tranny's doesn't mean other companies didn't

wah wah wah. You guys are all soo cool and he's so stupid, we get it already, leave it and talk about transmission swaps with pertinent info that is actually worth reading. :roll:

You are a ****ing MORON.

You ARE claiming ****, you are claiming that the trans Sam runs in a 9 second drag car won't hold up.

My t-5's held in my DD for years, the car ran mid 10's in the 1/4. T56's would hold the 750+ whp of the LS cars all day long, the clutch was the weak link even at stock HP levels.

Then there is the Supra trans, the trans countless people have put behind 500+ whp engines, the highest I have seen in person running one was at 950. Sure looked like it worked out just fine when it left me like I was parked on the freeway.

But enough personal experience, lets get back to you being a MORON. Don't tell the people who are actually making it work that it won't work, they have already proven you wrong.

You are a ****ing MORON.

You ARE claiming ****, you are claiming that the trans Sam runs in a 9 second drag car won't hold up.

My t-5's held in my DD for years, the car ran mid 10's in the 1/4. T56's would hold the 750+ whp of the LS cars all day long, the clutch was the weak link even at stock HP levels.

Then there is the Supra trans, the trans countless people have put behind 500+ whp engines, the highest I have seen in person running one was at 950. Sure looked like it worked out just fine when it left me like I was parked on the freeway.

But enough personal experience, lets get back to you being a MORON. Don't tell the people who are actually making it work that it won't work, they have already proven you wrong.

This is a pointless argument. The purpose of my original post was not to discredit anyone. I was simply stating that the nissan tranny is not intended to hold up to that kind of power, and a higher performance tranny would be preferred if that was the power range you were seeking.

If you got offended by my statement then you are just looking for an internet argument.

Sorry for feeding the trolls.

Back