• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Throw out bearing questions

Handey87

I'm swapping an M46 into my 740 - have some old parts, some new, and one of those is a throwout bearing I bought from FCP. The part #'s and everything say it's for a 85-91 740 and for some 240's, but the clips on it that hold it to the clutch fork are a little bit different. The old throwout I have has a channel like this |_| that the round pins ride in and keep it from falling out the front. This one just has little spring tabs on it like this http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-ex...5-1992+Volvo+740+Turbo+Clutch+Release+Bearing .
It fits on there just fine I'm just afraid of it falling off of the car. I know it probably wont because of pressure from the fork and the PP but I don't know... I only want to put the trans in the car once. FCP says its the right part and checking with the part number it looks like this is a new design - Just want to know if I'm missing any clips or anything on the fork or if this will work?

Good to know, Having seen almost zero 740 M46 cars or parts to reference, the confidence levels aren't too high, and it's my DD :D

what fork do you have, early cable style with pins, late cable style without pins, hydrological ?
the early pin style uses the original one you had, the other two use the one you got from fcp.

Back