• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Dyno results NA KL-Racing T5 cam

SkeTchy-MechAniC

Just finished dynoing the b230FB. The cheap camshaft performed way better than i could have hoped. It made for a really fun engine to drive since it pulls hard all the way to the rev limiter @8150 :oogle: while still producing plenty torque at the lower revs. Idle is sexy too..

Build tread is hiding here somewhere, Specs are in there but shortly:

46/38
KL-T5
GSXR1000 ITB's
4-2-1 header
stock turbo rods
stock FB pistons
squirters

20210407_092344.jpg

i didn't know these lumps of pistons could go that fast :omg:

what was done to the bottom end, re-ring, hone, and a balance?

neither did i :lol:

Bottomend is stock low mileage, Started off with the rev limiter @7k since my old b23e lived there all the time with it's heavy internals but the hp graph wass still rising, So moved it to 7.5, still didn't seem done so we had to know, And these engines have pretty stout internals so we took the risk and it payed off.

This is a great result. Is there a before and after or is this the first go?

Spend 2 days on the dyno tuning it. At fist we had some ignition problems but that turned out to be a failing 0124 module retarding timing with rpm. After that most time went in the tune and cam settings. Cam ended up being just fine straight up.

Nice numbers! The stock b230 bottom end is pretty darn stout, and the rally car spent a lot of time over 8k rpm with a completely stock bottom end.
I remember your ITB setup form some of your other posts, glad it's working out well! This really goes to show how restrictive the stock intake manifolds are, and that ITBs can still have good low end torque!

A few questions :)
Is this wheel horsepower or calculated crankshaft hp?
What CR did you finally land at?

1. They are not that heavy
2. 80mm stroke makes for fairly tame piston acceleration and top speed

PS, OP, looks like an awesome power curve. Congrats!

Last edited:
Thankyou guys!

I'm verry happy with the results.
HP is crank hp and compression ratio should be close to 8.5 dynamic, I took a comparable catcams cam to do the calculations. Cant wait to drive this thing some more, But first have to finish it for MOT. Fuel used is btw euro 98 (5%ethanol)

Il love my Klracing T4 on B230 with Kjet injection.
Never go 8000rpm, try to not go more than 7500 with my stock rebuild B230E engine.

Why do you use turbo piston on NA application? you get a lower CR.

I turn the gold car to 8500 on stock na pistons, it'd probably go to 9 if I wanted to

Back