• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

b230R build

My thought is that the timing is really far advanced and causing it to overheat.
Or something blocking the cooling system.
Or the sensor/gauge/wiring is causing an false reading.

i already checked nothing blocks the cooling system timing is at 10? most likely the gauge is wrong my buddy has a gauge so i can check but only he should be here on friday so hope is still there

i already checked nothing blocks the cooling system timing is at 10? most likely the gauge is wrong my buddy has a gauge so i can check but only he should be here on friday so hope is still there

Check the electrical grounds: valve cover to firewall, engine harness to intake manifold, and the negative battery terminal to engine block.

A friend was pulling his hair out after an engine swap (worried about everything) when the temp gauge jumped around... it was a loose ground wire.

generally if timing is too advanced the car will idle poorly but won't overheat. if on the other hand, it's retarded, it will tend to run hot (And may or may not actually overheat)

generally if timing is too advanced the car will idle poorly but won't overheat. if on the other hand, it's retarded, it will tend to run hot (And may or may not actually overheat)

You are correct on this, I was mistaken.

I?ve seen this happen on two vehicles that had a loose distributor and they would rotate and overheat. The distributor would rotate with the dizzy shaft, which would retard the timing (not advance it like I previously had said).

1. i finally found out the issue it ran so lean that it overheats i tried to adjust the amm but the led is off all the time only if the engine is off it was on and i already turned the screw to make it richer a bunch

2. idle rpm isnt adjustable , the iac valve plugged in versus out nothing happens and turning the idle screw nothing happens

3. stalls when letting off gas from any boost

4.afr gauge died a day before my old engine blew up so i dont know how lean it is

Last edited:
1. i finally found out the issue it ran so lean that it overheats i tried to adjust the amm but the led is off all the time only if the engine is off it was on and i already turned the screw to make it richer a bunch

2. idle rpm isnt adjustable , the iac valve plugged in versus out nothing happens and turning the idle screw nothing happens

3. stalls when letting off gas from any boost

4.afr gauge died a day before my old engine blew up so i dont know how lean it is

Lean and not being able to adjust the idle at all indicates an air leak to me.

so the number 4 exhaust port area decided to remove it self from the head so i ordered a new one with 46mm intake and 37.5mm exhaust valves
so the only real restriction i got is the 19t what kinda horsepower can i expect with 20 psi? because the race with the 500hp diesel touareg is still planned

should be enough for a close race when my wideband gets delivered i will put it on the dyno and see what kinda power it has

so uhhh a couple of updates
1. car still has issues with not wanting to start after sitting for 2+ days only cranks but no start then wait for few minutes then starts normal was like that since i bought it (can hopefully be fixed with the haltech)
2. i want to install a haltech 1500 ecu only issue is that i have to keep the stock looking parts like the distributor. i can still add like temp/map sensor just has to be hidden, is that possible?. so the police wont instantly say "stillgelegt" idk how to translate that
3. the race is cancelled probably scared to lose his car
4. i want to test the topspeed of my car like 250+kph can i do that on draco wheels with tires rated for that speed?
5. no budget for the car i dont care anymore haha
6. maybe twin turbo 19t
7. have a 3inch dp to dual 2inch exhaust that i need to install sometime

Last edited:
Back