• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Andrewhans 240 LS Swap, Going for 8's

Andrewhans

Turbo LS ****poster
Current setup:
-TSP 5.3, PRC 220cc Heads, TSP 660 dual springs, Johnson link bar lifters, TSP "Dumpster Fire" Cam
-(L33 Aluminum 5.3 with 799 heads) Removed as Running spare
-(Summit Turbo Stage 2 cam) Removed
-(Summit Dual .600 Valvesprings) Removed

-VS Racing Billet 80mm with 1.30 dual VBand exhaust housing
-Bosch 210's
-Dual AEM 400's and a single Walbro 450
-BTE 1.80 Transbrake Powerglide
-PTC Converter
-8.8 with 3.27 gears
-Treadstone TR1245
-MS3 Goldbox
-STS Mounts for Engine and Trans

Original Post starts below
So I just went up to Virginia and bought this as my project start. $360 and I drove it home 2.5hrs. Pretty solid, painted last year(cheaply) Very excited to finally get the project Ive been planning started. This has been almost 4 or 5 years in the making.

Purchased
-gen 3 4.8
-PAC 1218 springs
-Jegs Sloppy Stage 1 Cam (200580)
-th350 built for 750whp
-PTC converter custom spec'd
-VS Racing 7875
-deka 80lbs
-china wastegate
-Walbro 450
-MS3 Gold Box
-AEM UEGO wideband
-Holley 302-2
-STS Eng Mounts (from the original group buy)
-STS Trans mount

Goal
-cheap
-ugly
-fast

Extremely happy to be back in a brick again.

Free trash included

Already came with some weight savings

Last edited:
Thanks. Im basically trying to build the Sloppy Mechanics Colorado build before he switched from the 80lb injectors. He ended up with 730whp on e85 through 3/8 feed and a pair of walbro 450's in the tank. I have a gen 3 motor so ill try and stop aroud 550 to 600 tire.

Last edited:

Just got in the turbo and accesories from VS Racing. Bought the denmah package with the 7875 upgrade.

Last edited:
Pulled the core support as a single unit lop I love these old things. Also picked up the built TH350 yesterday. I may be able to keep AC too.

Last edited:
Im nervous about it at times but I bought it for $50 and the guy I had build it has one built the exact same "level" in his 750whp S10. Hes in the mid 5's in the 1/8th for a couple years now.

I hope itll hold around 550 to 600 tire. If I go way over that Ill change it out for a th400.

yeah I think you'll be reaching for that 400 sooner than you think, but at least it's an easy swap out after the fact.

So I pulled the fuel sender out and there is zero chance I will get two walbro 450 through that hole. Heres my idea to get around that. I already needed a new tank (the bottom is smashed in and the sender is faulty). My plan would be to purchase a new tank and one new sender. Then hang one 450 from each sending unit. The new parts would sit in the origonal location and I would cut out the old sheetmetal and weld in the old pump hanger off to the side near the fuel neck inlet. Its cheap, effective, and will allow me to step up my fuel line size later on if needed.

Last edited:
yeah I think you'll be reaching for that 400 sooner than you think, but at least it's an easy swap out after the fact.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. If needed the 400 will fit fairly well in there with few changes.

I also would be able to reuse my PTC Converter in the th400.

Last edited:
Just got thr PTC converter in the mail! Im down to little things now. All big purchases have been made. Very excited to get the big pieces out of the way. Had it built to be offset correctly so no adapters or hole opening needed to bolt it up to a dished truck flexplate.

Last edited:
I love these two tools. Havent come across something I couldn't get undone. I didnt even have to hold the crank still.

Also got the MS3 Gold box setup for bench testing, got it all config'd and sensors straight. By "set up" I mean connected the ground and power wires of the EFI Source drop on harness lol. Pretty cool to see the sensors working and TPS working on the screen

Last edited:
Well got the intercooler mounted. I can also flip it 180 and bring the outlets up if that ends up working better. Not sure yet really.

Intercooler is a 31x12x3 unit from VS Racing

Might be able to get it under the battery tray.

Last edited:
Took a pic with the cardboard off for ****s and giggles

Also got some wastegate testing done and and swapped the valvesprings out too.

Last edited:
Install remote terminals for the battery and move the battery to the trunk. I had similar issues when I did my fmic and moving the battery made things much easier.

Move the ic all the way forward and run it through the holes below the headlights. That's what I did and it works perfect. Battery is still in the stock location

The intercooler is too wide, I would be cutting out a good portion of the headlight buck area. As it sits I just had to trim about an inch or two of steel to fit the intercooler and its almost completely sealed around the edges to push all the air through it. Very happy with how it turned out.

Back