• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960 b204ft++

scandic960

So couple of years ago i bought an 960 with a broken B204FT in it. Allmost all bearings were wore out and the crankshaft was so bad i had to replace them all.

So began the engine rebuilt

So the engine got all new bearings and an H-profile rods. Holset HX35 with supers compressor and a modified china manifold to the exhaust side. 70mm throttle body and 870cc injectors to the intake side.

Also made the oilfilters holder to be located to the front of the car with AN-fittings and steelpraided hose.

Engine managment also changed to megasquirt with audi cop coils.

For cooling i got an mishimoto aluminum radiator from gt celica

More to come..;-)

A little suspension update.

In the front i got e46 bmw coilovers and a friend of mine machined adapters which i welded to the suspension. Also made camber plates to the fornt from e46 camberplates. At tje back i converted toyota previa shocks and cutted 245 overload springs

Also painted the brakes and everything

The ride height came up pretty good with these. Could drop about 1.5" more on the front

Are those AVS 5's? I always wondered how they'd look on a 940/960 and I've gotta say I'm not sure how I feel.

Are those AVS 5's? I always wondered how they'd look on a 940/960 and I've gotta say I'm not sure how I feel.
I have no idea what those are :-D bought them cos they were only 100 euros a set, been thinking bout Artec L wheels for this.

ha.. e46 camberplates ! that was my plan also.. have you tilted them towards any direction or installed them perfectly square to the driving direction?

no, i was talking about the camberangle aligned to driving direction.. is it 90? or have you installed them like add more camber and increase also caster a bit? you know? :D

I have the same exact car! Just, mine doesnt want to start. Injectors problems apparently... What did you do for parts for this engine? It is so rare...and old now.

So The car has been on ice for some time now, but found some motivation after i allmost sold it 😱 started to make a list what it needs to get it on the road and theres not too much to do... 🤔 So ive been sorting out all the small things to get it ready for tune and MOT inspection. Mostly electric stuff to sort out anymore like fans, fuelpump relay, idling motor, battery Holder etc.. had a problem with firing outputs, they just kept burning everytime i ran the engine longer 🤨 turned out The output was Set up for 4 outputs not 2 so the 330ohm restrictors needet to Be replaced with 660ohm. Now i need to sort out idling and its ready for dyno tune 👌

Also decided to go with wide wheels stance kind of Look COS friend of mine sold me BMW style23 8.5x17 and 10x17 wheels which fit perfectly after some Fender rolling

2aoEkB9.jpg

59t9mcK.jpg

Have had some progress now...

6sfN6OG.jpg

lONLOqE.jpg

The rims needed alot of sanding to get The oxydatio out from The lips.

IpTE8FS.jpg

Got some weird boost of motivation to get this thing on The Road again and ota now tuned on Road so it can Be driven To The dyno and i Get to Make sure everything Works.. heres some pics from when i got to just Cruise with it for a day. Drove about 300km and everything seems to work at least for now 😁. There's of course some adjustments still to do for The suspension and all around The car, but oh boy do i love to drive it at last and hear The engine 😍 had to take a picture with friends 940 while at it.

RcnOCTr.jpg

8eha8FG.jpg

9kNIKWG.jpg

Not sure how i feel about the bumper lip... Should i get rid of it, or just shape it a Little?🤔

6waQTs0.jpg

At least i think i nailed it when it comes to fitment at the back, they dont even scratch when i adjusted the Camber so i got 1mm more space that it needed after some furious fender rolling 👌

Oh and got some poor video of the exhaust sounds.. its loud but everything i wanted 😎
https://youtu.be/jqE6qpt4sfI

You need to work on your imagesize ;)

That Front flap is awesome!

Yeah 😁 its Been a while since i've Been active on any forum and im posting with My phone so it makes things Little harder.

I kinda want the lip to be there but i think it just needs some shaping so it fits The overall Look 🤔 The idea of a racelookish front end is just because The bumper was not in very mint condition and it needed some attitude because of The engine..

Back