• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Favorite shop for inspections near NYC?

seanile

title says it all; i have a friend who moved from NH to NYC with a decent condition 80s 240, and is looking for a reliable place to get an inspection around NYC. anyone got any pro-tips? thanks in advance

Good to know for future moves, tho she's already moved into the apartment at this point.

If she?s a hottie I?d be willing to help her out!
Otherwise Swedish underground auto in Brooklyn has a good reputation. They specialize in Saab?s but do work on Volvo?s as well

Haha i commend your enthusiasm but she is happily married. Thank you for the recommendation tho, Ill pass it along! Best of luck finding that hottie

Almost any shop will do an inspection, I think it's $10. The car is over 25 years old, only need safety. Most shops will just put the sticker on the windshield without actually checking it.

Understood, though some places can screw you by failing you for a minor issue and then you're on a clock to fix and reinspect. We're just hoping for some guidance in the same way that people direct folks to IPD and FCP euro over other online shops, who do you trust.

I'm currently out of town and won't be back until mid July. I use a place in Yonkers, I'm in the Bronx. The owner is "car guy" with many old cars at his shop. I'll get you the address when I get back. I don't even know the name of his shop. I was introduced to him by another friend. Our regular go to guy for inspections sold his shop and retired.

Back