• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Thread size for aw70 cooler ports.

rom

My aw70 is pissing trans fluid out of the stupid cooler fittings on transmission. I?m done with the lot, i don?t feel like bending new lines to replace the rusted ass ones on the car and i?m sure something will blow up as soon as i touch the bolts that hold the lines to the rad. So i ordered a mishimoto cooler, some braided line, but i can?t seem to find what the actual threads are for the trans side so i can adapt to AN fittings

It should be 1/2" UNF thread (1/2"x20) with a 45 degree flare on both the transmission and radiator sides and the stock hard lines are 5/16OD. It's actually the same thread as the 240 wheel lugs and the same hose size and fittings used on some of the fuel line fittings on 240s and 960s.

The threads in the trans are also 1/2"-20, the line adapter is 3/8" long with an o-ring pocket.

172652046.jpg

The threads in the trans are also 1/2"-20, the line adapter is 3/8" long with an o-ring pocket.

172652046.jpg

That?s what i was looking for, thanks. Now i can find an adapter to dispose of the volvo adapter in favor a regular AN fitting and a 90 degree hose end.

Seems like a lot more effort than getting a roll of copper nickel brake line in 5/16" and replacing a couple orings.

I wanted to add that you can use - Brennan Industries 6801-06-05-NWO-FG Forged Steel 90 Degree Elbow Tube Fitting, 9/16"-18 SAE x 1/2"-20 SAE ORB Thread, 3/8" Male JIC x 3/8" Male Adjustable O-Ring Boss

Or search for part 6801-06-05

Its an ORB 5 to AN6 90o elbow.

Back