• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 240 1993 AT: loss of power into reverse

PardoR.....Are you saying that the rear wheels lock and won't turn when you try to go in reverse? Or that the transmission is slipping and won't pull the car in reverse? What exactly happens when you put the car in reverse and press the throttle?

PardoR.....Are you saying that the rear wheels lock and won't turn when you try to go in reverse? Or that the transmission is slipping and won't pull the car in reverse? What exactly happens when you put the car in reverse and press the throttle?

The car moves into reverse when I put R only if the street has no steep and if I don't press the throttle, but if I press it, the car stalls.

The gearbox engages the Reverse but has no power when the throttle is depressed. Do I explain?

But I have something else to say.....

I checked the level when I post the thread and the atf even doesn't reach the dipstick.
So I topped up the atf with almost 120-150 ml of atf. when I checked again following the advices of 84B23F, the level was surpassing a little bit the MAX mark of the dipstick...
Maybe I pissed off the measurement but this confirms that the issue is not related to atf level.

Some illumination told me "do an obd diagnosis" and whr car throw the code 1-1-1 at the socket 2 and the 2-1-4 at the socket of ezk. It means "RPM sensor signal absent intermittently" but I have not checked nothing at all. Now I'm going crazy....

level was surpassing a little bit the MAX mark of the dipstick..

Cold fluid level is LOW. On my dipstick, there is a notch on dipstick, just above those measuring marks...add a little bit of ATF, then check it again the next morning. ATF level should be around that notched mark, when check cold.

The car moves into reverse when I put R only if the street has no steep and if I don't press the throttle, but if I press it, the car stalls.

The gearbox engages the Reverse but has no power when the throttle is depressed. Do I explain?

So... the engine speed increase and the car doesn't move..... The transmission is slipping?
Or does the engine stall when you press the gas pedal?

I checked the level when I post the thread and the atf even doesn't reach the dipstick.
So I topped up the atf with almost 120-150 ml of atf. when I checked again following the advices of 84B23F, the level was surpassing a little bit the MAX mark of the dipstick...
Maybe I pissed off the measurement but this confirms that the issue is not related to atf level.

Some illumination told me "do an obd diagnosis" and whr car throw the code 1-1-1 at the socket 2 and the 2-1-4 at the socket of ezk. It means "RPM sensor signal absent intermittently" but I have not checked nothing at all. Now I'm going crazy....

RPM sensor absent intermittently is the sensor on top of the bellhousing back behind and under the distributor intermittently not sending a signal... they aren't expensive. change it out.

Back