• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

960/S90 Bumpers

8587turbo

Will the front bumper from a S90 mount on a 740/940 sedan ? I did search & found several 940' to 740 but could not find anything on a S90/960 front bumper switch. Thanks.

A 740 and 940 sedan are not at all the same car. Which do you have?

Both, but am concerned about how the bumper hooks onto car. I purchased a S90 that needs towing & my tow bar system is set up for towing 740's & figured if someone has switched bumpers from a 960 to a 740 my bolt pattern is good to go. If not would have to drill new holes.

A 960 bumper attaches completely differently than a 740/940 bumper does. There are no bumper shocks. There is a plate that resembles the plate on a 7-9 shock, however, it is welded to the end of the frame rail. The aluminum beam bolts directly to that plate. There is a molded piece of styrofoam inside the bumper cover that is supposed to absorb the impact of a collision.

A 960 bumper attaches completely differently than a 740/940 bumper does. There are no bumper shocks. There is a plate that resembles the plate on a 7-9 shock, however, it is welded to the end of the frame rail. The aluminum beam bolts directly to that plate. There is a molded piece of styrofoam inside the bumper cover that is supposed to absorb the impact of a collision.

Thanks, that's info needed.

Thanks, that's info needed.

Back