• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Help with Upholstery and Color Codes

jsun245

The underhood plate on my car lists an upholstery code of "5214-09". I'm assuming that's some kind of blue as it's more or less clear that the original interior color of my car is blue. But as I look around online, I find that there are in fact lots of "blue" codes for the 245 (mine is 1976), and none of them are 5214-09.

Does anyone have a reference for decoding these numbers? Even better might be something that links the codes to color swatches...or a place that sells carpet that has swatches.

I'd like to get an idea of what the original color was for my car's interior. Over the years, bits and pieces have been replaced and between that and sun damage there are about 6 different shades of "blue" in my interior. I figure that starting with the original code is a good idea.

Also, the "color" code on the plate is "42-00-2" I know that the first 2 digits mean "white". I don't know if the other digits have any significance relative to interior color.

Thanks!

got a partial answer for you

my 76 has same color code 42-00-02
the color is the 1st set of digits (42, cascade/ivory white)
the second set of numbers indicates the paint manufacturer
3rd set is the finish/coat ie metallic or solid

as far as what 00-02 represents. 00 a paint manufacturer but not sure who, all info i can find has this number btwn 1-9, no zeroes

02 - should indicate the finish - but all lists i find have 02 as a waterbased paint with metallic or pearl finish - which is for sure not the case here.

I know the color was more popular on Amazons and 1800s so im going to try and track down some info in those forums. If you find out anything else let me know, otherwise im going to buy me some Code 42 and get to work on my door wells and see how the color matches up

and in case in helps with your search - i have a blue cloth interior - 2210-09.

Back