• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

How do I add a change tray to early console

Zev Fisher

Hey All!

I have a 1975 245 and the original center console didn't include the "change tray" option. I picked up a new console with the change tray off ebay but didn't realize the rubber strip on the bottom of the center clock / vent piece would get in the way (the change tray actually takes up that space).

I would just cut that rubber piece off, but underneath is the hard plastic where the center vent screws into the dash. Has anyone done this mod and have any suggestions on how to rework the center vent / clock assembly to make it fit?

Thanks!

Zev

Get the correct tray for early cars.

200DashTray.jpg

Remove the center section of the dash so that you can pull down on the trim piece underneath the clock and remove it. That pen/coin tray pictured above then takes the place of the trim piece you just removed. It just slides up into place underneath the clock. Then put the center dash section back.

You can just loosen the center dash section enough to slide/tilt it back enough to slide that trim piece out and slide the coin tray in. It's harder to describe than actually do. Takes 5 minutes or less.

Oh, that is not a good idea. Zev Fisher I have an extra original correct coin tray if you want one. PM me if interested.

Ahhh, yup that's the problem. I'm trying to install a later tray into an early car. The center console / tray I picked up on ebay has the tray connected to the console with plastic clips and it's solid along the back so can't connect.

Seems like I will need to source the correct tray for my earlier car.

Back