• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

mega or micro squirt???

Pretty sure we were all telling you to ditch LH years ago

Guilty as charged. I'm stubborn , what can I say? Megasquirt was out then and it wasn't assembled on ebay for $299, those two issues were huge for me. I have no circuit board sense other than knowing how to pop capacitors, so microsquirt is ideal for me.

spark cut rev limiter?

Nitrous anti lag

Nitrous-eh, no thanks-already have an alcohol tank in the back, no need for more tanks and chemicals .

Spark cut rev limiter-yes!

I talked to Titan race team some years back and they said they pulled 10/12 degrees of timing out to get the car to stutter and build boost at the same time at drag races(all 68 lbs of it)-it ran a 3.99 in the 1/8th on alcohol-2j power.
Is there a way to program an additional timing map and have it change back to normal timing map with release or push of a button? That's all I feel like I need, to get this thing really moving from a standstill.

Last edited:
yes.. launch control fool. I told you this already lol.

I like these things so much, I'm putting an ms and a micro in my 940..

I talked to Titan race team some years back and they said they pulled 10/12 degrees of timing out to get the car to stutter and build boost at the same time at drag races(all 68 lbs of it)-it ran a 3.99 in the 1/8th on alcohol-2j power.

Old rally stuff. The unspent fuel making it into the exhaust manifold ignites there turning the manifold into what is essentially a combustor (read up on jet engines). I've hear of some teams having to replace the exhuast manifold after 1 or 2 events as a result of this. :omg:

Is there a way to program an additional timing map and have it change back to normal timing map with release or push of a button? That's all I feel like I need, to get this thing really moving from a standstill.

Prolly is. Let us know what you find out. ;-)

Yeah, you told me, but I slept since then, and forgot. Do you have Details on how to do it please!!!!!!!! Please please!!!Lag wagon begs of you...
These new silverados ls 1/2/3 trucks around here pick on me at stoplights, then I feel embarrassed- that I pulled 3 cars on em as soon as I spooled and lifted(3800 spool up and lift at 4K coast another car length), but before that-they are right beside me-as if they are gonna win. I feel like i should apologize for showing off,lol. It's funny cause they are very froggy around here.

Not that I need launch control for that , but it would be great for the occasional serious drag race at the track.

Same here about wanting to put it on all my cars !! My 244 is definitely getting one with v8 swap. I must've tuned the haltech for 6 months straight to get it the way it is. The microsquirt tunes itself once you get the timing right, AND SET YOUR A/F TARGETS RIGHT,
****** THAT SELF ANALYZE TUNING IS THE DAMNED POOH SON!!!!*******************

I may have spent 3 full hours total tuning this car, setting parameters, asking Kenny what this meant, what that meant, the rest of the time I was driving and the car tuned itself.
No second person needed to tune, All on your own. How refreshing it is!

Last edited:
10685446_10202587028228474_7602082475585620033_n.jpg

Did anyone mention size? My old flip phone vs/ Microsquirt.

Spark cut rev limiter-yes!

what you can do is set a soft and hard limit for launch control and have it activated by a clutch switch and a launch active switch on the dash. Launch active>clutch in>gas pedal to the floor= timing retards under the soft limit to say 10*, revs continue to rise to the hard limit where spark cut happens, revs steady, boost builds, clutch out and BAM! back to regular timing map.

Originally Posted by haltechsupra View Post
Prolly is. Let us know what you find out.
BDKR is offline Report Post Reply With Quote

Go to boost /advanced window on tuner studio. Click on launch control, set up your settings, then wire your input(flex fuel, spare adc, and others) to a switch that connects to ground. Push button switch. Wish I had time to play with it today!! Thanks again Kenny, so patient with my ignorance. Much appreciated.

another thing is that with a simple active low circuit you can have "flat shift" which allows you to keep your throttle wide open and automatically lowers the engine speed to a desired point when the clutch is pressed. So you set it to be active above 3k with a "hold" at 4k, and whenever your launch control dash switch is on and the clutch is pressed it lowers the engine speed to 4k (I use the spark cut here also)... great for drags... pull up and stage, launch active, clutch in, throttle down, launch, and for each gear change you only have to bang the clutch pedal with the throttle 100% planted.

Again, its an automatic transmission in my wagon, but yes you are correct, your explanation makes sense for the settings. Cant wait to launch it!

Last edited:
I had the 940 building 15+psi on the brake at the line, without trying to push through the tires or melt the rears down (till I got off the brake). Haven't had quite as much luck with the hx-52 on the race car yet, I was going to use nitrous to spool it on the footbrake but that's kinda scary.

Back