• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 T5 with 3.5" alloy foxbody driveshaft

Does the 2-2-329 flange come in a variation with 1330 joints? If so, it would be super easy just to have the whole shaft running 1330 joints right?

I've been looking around at non dampened yokes just because my SN95 damped rubbed so bad. The part number I found is DANA SPICER 2-3-4871X. I also found DANA SPICER 2-3-8251X. The only difference that I can see is the 8251 yoke is half an inch longer. I think 4871 is the right slip yoke but was hoping somebody could confirm before I ordered it.

The 2-2-239 is the part number for a specific 1310 flange, but there should be another variant for the 1330. Thing is, that also means running a 3.5" shaft, which is pretty big for that tunnel.

You can look at the 96 Aerostar yoke as well, which has a damper but not nearly as big as the Ranger one. It might help without being quite as big. I'm not sure where you were having rub issues though...

The 2-2-239 is the part number for a specific 1310 flange, but there should be another variant for the 1330. Thing is, that also means running a 3.5" shaft, which is pretty big for that tunnel.

You can look at the 96 Aerostar yoke as well, which has a damper but not nearly as big as the Ranger one. It might help without being quite as big. I'm not sure where you were having rub issues though...

Oh ok, I didn't know running 1330 joints meant you have to run a 3.5 shaft. I tried a 3.5 shaft and it didn't work out well...

I'll do some research on the aerostar yoke, thanks for the tip.

Couldn't find much on the aerostar yoke, so I just went with the DANA SPICER 2-3-8251X slip yoke. I think 6.5" is the correct length with a 47" shaft. Hopefully I'm right.

Will report back when installed and let yall know about vibrations.

2 year bump. finally tested out the newer? Spicer 2-2-329 flange and the stock M10 bolts are ever so slightly too large to pass thru to fasten it to the diff flange. It looks like it is actually meant for 3/8" bolts. (~9.5mm)

otherwise the coleman 47" 3"dia aluminum driveshaft fits well with the spicer 2-3-8251X yoke. The yoke sticks out about 9/16" which might be a little tight but i will cycle the suspension to be sure nothing binds. the driveshaft does not hit the seat belt bolts but I do think I need to shim up the ass end of the trans to get my driveline angle better which should bring it closer to the bolts.

Back