• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ISO Blower Housing/Duct

tknight

Hi gang,

I was in the process of replacing the blower motor and impellers on my (new-to-me) ‘93 240 when I realized the previous owner had already tried it once via the “chainsaw method”. Although they were perhaps successful (besides setting the resistor mount under the motor flange (offsetting the motor), they also completely (and I mean completely) butchered/destroyed the left side blower housing. They must have plunged their dremel way too far in or something..

ANYWAYS, I’m in Salt Lake City Utah and not a single junkyard here has any 240s (either nobody is scrapping them, or they’re not buying them anymore). Crazy because when I lived in San Diego I’d find at least 5-6 240s at every junkyard I went to! Definitely not a Utah car I guess..
Is there any market for these parts online? I can’t seem to find any on eBay or other sites, but then again I might just be looking in the wrong places.

I suppose I could try to put this one back on again, but it would definitely decrease the efficiency of my left side vents, as the cone surround that’s between the motor and left impeller is completely detached from the housing (and I’m not going to try and put it on again only to have it break and damage the impeller and motor again).

Thanks in advance!

Back