• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

thelostartof LH 2.4 Chip Feedback Thread

I have had 5 friends run siemns injecors and all 5 sets had one or two injectors fail killing an engine.

That is just people I personally know. Online I have read around and found in some circles there is an almost 30+% failure rate of one or two injectors out of a set of 4

More driving...

Yeah. um, I've heard the opposite of all that.

But I don't want to buy things twice.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=TFS-89055-1&FROM=MG

What about these?

http://www.racetronix.com/621031.html

Or these? It's not that difficult to convert to saturated is it?

Or do you have a recommendation in the 45-55# area?

I'd rather know now than blow later.

Took the car for an extended drive today.

Weird smells. Almost like burning plastic or over rich. But the car ran well. I didn't hear detonation, but then again, I wouldn't.

I will say that I'll need to re-set my shift point as it just kept going with the stock boost needle going to about the 5 O'clock position & staying there as opposed to tapping it & then backing off to 3 O'clock.

It's still running out of cam though.

I *need* that larger exhaust. I also NEED that cam. I'm ordering soon. (as soon as I get the injectors resolved.

Last edited:
Great chips, Great service !!!!!!!!

Had some minor trouble with an EZK error because of EGR / Euro stuff, and he replied to my PM within the hour, and it will be solved.

Great stuff Mike !!!!

Gave the G-Valve 2.5 turns this AM. Now the boost buries the needle. (28PSI!!!!!!11) I don't even know what it is at the end of the yellow (4 O'clock position) on a '90 7 series, anyone know?

It ran just fine at almost full throttle until the rear end broke loose. (damp, skinny snow tires) So far so good.

Gave the G-Valve 2.5 turns this AM. Now the boost buries the needle. (28PSI!!!!!!11) I don't even know what it is at the end of the yellow (4 O'clock position) on a '90 7 series, anyone know?

It ran just fine at almost full throttle until the rear end broke loose. (damp, skinny snow tires) So far so good.

Tell me more about your setup?

Yea, sorry for taking so long to get back to you, i keep clearing out PM's and lost your PM.

I think when we last talked there were a few other outstanding issues with your car we were talking about having you check as almost all others noticed zero to no ping with low boost

well it seemed after your chips,i noticed alot of ping.now,it's mostly at higher speeds,like getting on a highway and kicking it.i have gone through pretty much all avenues.it's definitly not lean and i have installed a cooler t stat. i was going to put freds back in to see any changes in this.my engine is a stroker,this may lead to a little more heat and possibly compression i'm thinking??

for the 2.5 you might want to go to a stand alone EMS to get the best state of tune out of it, Personally there is no need for the 2.5L setup unless you are going to really be pushing the limits and even then it is not needed

Do you have a worked head on the engine also?

well,i'm not going to get that nuts with all the ems etc. the head has bigger valves and is ported. i wanted to freshen up the engine a while back and with all the talk of the cranks,rods etc. i wanted to try that route.no good in my opinion.it's really not that much quicker than the stock stroke.it's still going to come back out this year sometime.i'm probably going to put fred's chips back in for now,there was hardly any ping with them in.

Just change the ign chip only and see how you like it with that setup as the ign chip will pull abit more timing which should help you, my fuel chip should still be mapped worlds better and help ya out. Let me see what we can do for a stroker setup

Mike...Please tell me you have some of those amazing chips still...and they are still 200 for the set of 2....Ill PM you or aim you tomorrow with the ecu and ign numbers so friday you can have those shipped.

Update:

I'm noticing much FASTER throttle response. It's like a completely different car. Now, when I say faster, I mean I need to be careful moving from a stop & pulling out & turning 90? or else I'll break.

I just got the 550cc injectors. I also have the NPR, the 3"amm & the cam will be here Friday. Only thing I need is the exhaust.

Back