• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Low and behold a new rear shock option for lowered 240s'

DSC02074.jpg

What are those wheels off of? Also, does 3 cut coils give a ride height close to ipd springs?

I talked to a guy at the autocross this weekend that ran suburban shocks in his 240 in the early 90s. I wonder if they are similar to this.

Sweetness. Was there a set that is a hair longer than these, or are these the longer of the two you were looking at?

What's it feel like ride wise? I seemed to feel every crack in the road when I had the Koni Yellows on, and to a lesser extent the same with the Burban GR-2s. These Koni Reds are better in that regard, but sometimes too soft...

These are 15.25 the next the next step up is 18.5

I moved mine up an inch on the trailing arm so its more like 16.25 vs 18.5 I think they would fine on your car, whats your rear spring?

Well with the springs i have in now it feels smooth but controlled there is no bounce at all motion feels very limited i believe these shocks have a lot of rebound dampening quite a bit of bump but i wont really know untill i try them with stiffer springs. I think you would like them kyle. Im looking for the feel every crack in the road kind of suspension and so far thats not what these are.

If you have a set of the burban GR-2s ill swap them on for a week and let you know the difference.

**** hahahahaa, I think I have a pair of these from a 71 C10 project I had. Ordered drop shocks for it, never put em on the front, found the boxes when I was cleaning out the car. Too bad I'm at stock ride height....
Hahah well measure them up take some pics and maybe someone on here will buy them.

DSC02074.jpg

What are those wheels off of? Also, does 3 cut coils give a ride height close to ipd springs?

Its a secret! :p Nope 3 cut coils is lower than ipd springs.

I talked to a guy at the autocross this weekend that ran suburban shocks in his 240 in the early 90s. I wonder if they are similar to this.

Meh its hard to tell, kyle is saying that the suburban shocks are very stiff idk if i have a much higher tolerance than him or if maybe the burban shocks are actually stiffer. So far these shocks are doing an amazing job with the cut springs. And like i said in my first post i hope they can handle a 250# coilover spring but we will see.

These are even shorted than Suburban shocks.

Yes. Which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

This is a great find - and i look forward to trying it out.

Thank you for the excellent reference. It would make for a great article.

Just a little side thing though - if you make an article out of it, please swap "Low" for "Lo" in the title ;-)

... unless the "Low" bit is a pun ... in which case it'd be rather amusing to see it written as: "Lo[w]"

Doestch Tech! Also ran the BellTech "Nitro Drop" shocks, which IIRC were just relabed Doestch Tech "Nitro Slammer" shocks. Decent shocks, especially for the cheap price. :nod:
^this is true. i just trashed mine acouple of weeks ago for some Billys for a Renualt, when i swapped rears..

wow, a shock that retails @ 30 dollars? I am pretty skeptical of the quality of the components and the quality control of a shock that retails so low.
^this is true too. The Nitro Drop shocks i found has too soft a rebound....kinda like a... truck soaking up the bumps.

I don't have the GR-2s any more. I ended up selling them to someone locally. Same price as these new, basically. I felt that the Konis and to a lesser extent, the GR-2s were slightly stiffer on compression than I wanted with the DD status my car normally fills.

Think I am going to order some of these this week and give them a shot, my shocks are all pretty blown on the 245

What springs?

This is a great find - and i look forward to trying it out.

Thank you for the excellent reference. It would make for a great article.

Just a little side thing though - if you make an article out of it, please swap "Low" for "Lo" in the title ;-)

... unless the "Low" bit is a pun ... in which case it'd be rather amusing to see it written as: "Lo[w]"

Good, let us know how it goes, what springs will you be running?

It was a pun, lol i should have made it more obvious that it was my intentions for it to be that way.

^this is true. i just trashed mine acouple of weeks ago for some Billys for a Renualt, when i swapped rears..

^this is true too. The Nitro Drop shocks i found has too soft a rebound....kinda like a... truck soaking up the bumps.

Too soft on rebound for what springs? How heavy of a vehicle?

I don't have the GR-2s any more. I ended up selling them to someone locally. Same price as these new, basically. I felt that the Konis and to a lesser extent, the GR-2s were slightly stiffer on compression than I wanted with the DD status my car normally fills.

I want to try these burban gr-2s you speak of, Do you have a part number?

Too soft on rebound for what springs? How heavy of a vehicle??

250lb, but thats not the problem.. remember folks who lower trucks arent looking for sports car type handling. They are still looking for a compliant full of Lux Rays ride. This is a trufe i've come to accept. its life taking a 90/10 drag shock and installing it on a volvo.... guess what...??...its gonna do the same thing it was designed to do- be a drag shock.

250lb, but thats not the problem.. remember folks who lower trucks arent looking for sports car type handling. They are still looking for a compliant full of Lux Rays ride. This is a trufe i've come to accept. its life taking a 90/10 drag shock and installing it on a volvo.... guess what...??...its gonna do the same thing it was designed to do- be a drag shock.

Im not sure if im fallowing you.

So these shocks did not have enough rebound dampening for a 250lb spring in a truck? What truck? Front or rear?

344266 from Baxters, is what I got.

Cool thanks!

I really want some wheels like that. Also, those shocks look like a perfect budget-minded solution to lowering my budget-minded build. I'm not lowering the rear just yet though, I want to see how it looks with some rake first.

Back