• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Non ABS coilover assemblies on ABS car...

diponyou

300+ Member
300+ Club
Can this be done without removing the entire ABS assembly?

I would like to just ditch it all and swap to non abs from a donor car but not sure if it is as easy it seems.

Any help is greatly appreciated

what year and series?

duh

Either way if you use Non-ABS struts you have to remove the entire ABS system and block it off/bypass.

Easier to just make coil overs for Abs struts

2series

and I think I am just going to completely swap entire brakes over. Not going to be fun, but worth it to get rid of that hideous abs monster.

I've wondered if it might be possible to use a non-ABS brake line junction box from a early 740 and do away with the ABS module myself. That way, you can keep the single line calipers and not have to swap everything over. I haven't taken a good look at this, but it seems doable. The ABS doesn't come into play until a wheel is locked up, so on the surface it seems like it should work.

Last edited:
what goes bad? dirty senor?

my guess would be corrosion on sensor wheels on the front hub. seems like an easy fix.

Our road race lemons car is a '91 240 that had ABS. We haven't changed the brake system plumbing at all but don't run the ABS computer or wheel sensors or a rear diff speed sensor. It gets bled every race and it functions fine. Now with RX7 front calipers replacing the original single line calipers.

did you guys have to do anything special?
Thought there was an extra line last time I checked...could be wrong

I used my ABS calipers on the non ABS strut tubes/spindles. Didn't do anything to the brakes, ABS never worked, eventually I'll have the motivation to take the dumb abs box out but I don't care enough to do it now haha.

Back