home register FAQ memberlist calendar

Go Back   Turbobricks Forums > Mechanical > projects & restorations

Old 09-01-2021, 09:00 PM   #351
patrickstar
Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarusinexile View Post
Hello guys first post here. I have some serious questions though. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Im doing a 5.3 swap on a 1991 Volvo 240 and I got a Colorado AR5 trans. I tried to contact CPR MAnufacturing and the guy is a ghost at this point. He had a great product as I need to extend the shifter back as I learned in this thread. Since he packed up shop what can I do to make this trans work? I already got everything for the swap with this trans so Id really like to keep it. Let me know what your guys think!
I'd personally just cut a new hole in your trans tunnel and then rivet a plate over the existing hole. I had a buddy weld a plate on mine but its not necessary.

I didn't end up buying one of the CPR Manufacturing shifters because he was flaky back then. Sometimes they pop up in the FabBot FB Group but I don't think many people ever got the shifter in the first place

@beige242 on instagram
patrickstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 02:30 PM   #352
Icarusinexile

I really appreciate the response I kinda figured Id have to do that. So issues with the shifter being a lot closer than stock?
Icarusinexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2021, 05:08 PM   #353
patrickstar
Board Member

Quote:
I really appreciate the response I kinda figured Id have to do that. So issues with the shifter being a lot closer than stock?
No issues for me, but I don't have all the factory console stuff in the center. I laser cut a piece of sheetmetal and added some switches.

I do know of a few people running AR5s in 240s with full interior, they say the shifter gets close to the center console trim but doesn't hit. You won't be able to use your ashtray though
Old 09-11-2021, 03:26 PM   #354
Icarusinexile

I just found out that Fabbot is making that style shifter extension for the AR5. He said It should be coming out at the end of this month or beginning of October
Icarusinexile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2021, 07:18 PM   #355
patrickstar
Board Member

Quote:
I just found out that Fabbot is making that style shifter extension for the AR5. He said It should be coming out at the end of this month or beginning of October
Ah man, I wish he had done that sooner. I really don't like the cut up shifter hole. Oh well