• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 Rubber gas line replace - 2 lines in 1990 US market stock engine bay

Folks,

The auto parts store websites are terrible, the brickboard search sucks. using Bing and Google to search a website to find the spec on the two section of rubber fuel line.

The these two low pressure fuel line section:
1. One line section between high pressure fuel rail and CPR
2. One line section between CPR out to the steel return line on the fire wall below the brake vacuum boost servo.

Gates is disappointing quality in the last decade. Prefer Continental?

Lengths? 1.5 feet per 1990s 240 for both sections

Further, the fuel line section from the fuel tank sender pre-pump out to the main/line pump& filter assembly is low pressure fuel line? I see all black nylon lines sheathed in rubber fuel line. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No need for under hood fires.

Thank you.

The control pressure regulator mounts directly to the fuel rail. There is no line between the two.

fuel pressure regulator. Control pressure regulator is kjet. It is 5/16" fuel line from the regulator out to the rail. At the fuel tank output to the main pressure pump is 12mm fuel line and you need about a meter.

fuel pressure regulator. Control pressure regulator is kjet. It is 5/16" fuel line from the regulator out to the rail. At the fuel tank output to the main pressure pump is 12mm fuel line and you need about a meter.

There is no line from the regulator to the fuel rail. The regulator is hard mounted to the fuel rail just like an injector and is sealed by an o-ring just as the injectors are. Are you calling the steel return line the "rail"?

I have the polyamide/plastic hard fuel line in 3 sizes for sale if needed. The “hardline” was used for both low and high pressure lines

1990, 1991, 1992 Volvo 240. All with LH 2.4/3.1 and EZK116 ignition

North American market stock.

The FPR is connected to the fuel injector fuel rail using a section of the same hose that is used from the LH Jetronic 2.4/3.1 FPR to the steel hard-line return under the brake booster.

Thanks.

Your description is what was throwing me off.

The these two low pressure fuel line section:

That hose goes from the return side (low pressure) of the fuel regulator to the short section of steel tubing that is attached to the fuel rail and from there to the other short section of steel return line at the frame rail. Earlier designs of the fuel rail don't have that tube. The rubber hose return line on earlier fuel rails goes straight back from the regulator. When you change the lines check it out. That piece of steel tube is separated from the high pressure side. You could bypass it and go straight from the regulator nipple to the steel tube below the booster. Not that you should.

You can still buy the proper Volvo return hose - 9179420 (replaced the old 1266500) by the meter.

index.php

I added quick-connect fittings to mine, to make service down the road easier, no need to mess with the clamped connection

PXL-20210715-150409799.jpg

Last edited:
There is no line from the regulator to the fuel rail. The regulator is hard mounted to the fuel rail just like an injector and is sealed by an o-ring just as the injectors are. Are you calling the steel return line the "rail"?

Yes, sorry if I cornfused you. The short outlet section of 5/16" hose goes to a hard line which is firmly attached to the fuel rail for the injectors. So, I just mentioned it as being part of the fuel rail.

Back