• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

90?s front bumper on ?80 240

Z-Gad

Searched without success, so hoping someone could tell me whether the 90-93 front bumper with integrated chin spoiler will fit in place of the earlier 1980 front bumper.i believe the mounting is slightly different, but wanted to ask for first had knowledge. I want to replace the front bumper and liked the look of the dark bumper for the front and the chin spoiler to hide the intercooler. Thanks in advance...

Yes. It will fit. The trim above the bumper is an issue. There are plenty of cars on this forum that the owners have put the later bumpers on. Ask for pictures before you spend time doing this.

this is a 1992 245 bumper with commando bumper trim, cut up a bit to fit.

BQUMWwvl.jpg

proper conversion to 83-85 skinny bumpers and turbo trim

glvYH8El.jpg

Thanks for the descriptions and pics...exactly what I was going for...
The drivers side rubber on my commando number has a small chunk missing and I prefer the later bumper look, so while I was at it, I can take care of both the bumper and chin spoiler at once :cool:

I did that on '76 but didn't cut the rubber trim. Didn't look as nice as the pic above but OK from far :)

Back