• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

"Boat", the 1992 240 Wagon

First offer from insurance: $3100
Just sent a reply disputing their valuation of my car.
We'll see where this goes...

First offer from insurance: $3100
Just sent a reply disputing their valuation of my car.
We'll see where this goes...

lol

Just say what I said to the adjuster when my car got totaled:

"It's your legal liability and responsibility to make me whole, which means assessing a value to the vehicle which will enable me to purchase another identical vehicle should it be totaled. Attached are three comparable vehicles that have sold recently or are currently for sale. I look forward to an offer that more accurately reflects my vehicle's market value."

lol

Just say what I said to the adjuster when my car got totaled:

"It's your legal liability and responsibility to make me whole, which means assessing a value to the vehicle which will enable me to purchase another identical vehicle should it be totaled. Attached are three comparable vehicles that have sold recently or are currently for sale. I look forward to an offer that more accurately reflects my vehicle's market value."

I said a similar message and sent about 10 comps

:lol:

Gotta love their math. Handed over 10K in receipts from last 2.5 years and here is how they adjusted the value :lol:

tFWtBMah.jpg

:lol:

Gotta love their math. Handed over 10K in receipts from last 2.5 years and here is how they adjusted the value :lol:

Lol is right.
I'd just say "I eagerly await a more realistic offer."
Their #1 priority is closing the claim. Wasting their time will force a better offer.

Can also waste their time by saying we can handle this in court and we can bring an outside adjuster into the mix. My dad gets pulled into these and last minute they cancel and settle right before court. My dads in person court fee is to make sure that he doesn't have to leave the house. :lol:

The $340 miscellaneous thing that is somehow now worth $4 gets me dude :lol:

I don't even have an expense listed in there that comes out to $340. Completely fabricated numbers.

I get that you never get back what you put in, but the way this is presented is so insulting.

This is true in Volvo world and most other cars, but cmon insurance! $340 -> $4 :lol:

That's almost a 99% depreciation in 2.5 years

I get that you never get back what you put in, but the way this is presented is so insulting.

Last time an asswipe in a lifted truck hit my car I walked away with 3x more than what I put into it. Aron is right about hiring an independent adjuster (I made insurance roll the fee into my personal time waste claim), not about a lawyer. Get a lawyer involved and no matter what you win, everything gets sucked into legal fees.

Sounds like the classic ACV vs replacement cost conundrum. You might try pursuing the claim first party and having them subrogate. Or, perhaps, buy it for the salvage value.

NOS fender and white front valence panel acquired, dropped off at PDR shop then taken to paint. All dents on car removed by PDR shop, but might bring it back to have them touch up the rear qtr panel.

Should get fender & valence back this week, will post once put together.

Fender: $500
Valence: $100
PDR: $950
Paint: $850

0pTZoLFh.jpg

cHj2vJPh.jpg

bVsdXKQh.jpg

Last edited:
Back