• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Tach dances up to redline and back CEL

PEGASUS 6

Just lately my Car has been acting like she dont wanna go, if i give more than half throttle it boggs and stalls. At idle and even while driving the RPM needle in the tach goes effing bezerk and then chills out again like nothing weird is happening.

1990 B230FT clean plugs, new oil, switched from the 012 AMM to the 025 to see if the Tach issue would stop, didnt.

reseated the IAC hose and checked for any other boost leaks. all tight.

I am going to turn the boost down tomorrow and se if that helps, but really, starting to bogg and stall at 0 or 2 psi is crazy talk.

any ideas?

new CPS is in, went for a ride after resetting the ECU. no CEL, started smooth and ran smooth. went for a small drive, it was better, but still bogged a bit past 2 psi. I am going to close my plug gap a bit and see if that helps also(ARD).

Went to go for a second ride and the CEL is back as well as the dancing tach :( the car almost died so we limped home.

power stage is in the mail

http://www.volvowiringdiagrams.com/?dir=volvo/LH 2.4

LH2.4 manual COMPLETE
compendium of ALL the info you need....
of course you have to do ALL of the BASICS *FIRST* - check electrical connections
and GROUNDS....vac leaks...ignition components (pull the cap and check the rotor /
check spark wires)....valve clearances...ignition timing ... vac leaks....fuel pressure...
"mechanical timing" (cam marks / crank mark...)

if you DON'T do the BASICS you're wasting MORE time than you need to...
see post # * 9 *.....:nod:

Funny thread.

First post should of said what code..... And next post should of been from the op giving the code.

this is Camp TBrix!...we'll fart around for DAYS and then fire the parts cannon...
sooner or later someone comes along with the "logic axe" and chops down
all the topiary we've constructed to hide the SOURCE INFORMATION....:rofl:

Back