• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Charisma.

No change was made when I installed an aem in the tank for a main pump and ran new fuel line to the the filter area and replaced the filter. I'll see if I can use a loaner from costless or somewhere to check the pressure.

My kjet car did that for a super long time and I never was able to pinpoint it before I ls swapped the car :/ wish I could be more help for you

My kjet car did that for a super long time and I never was able to pinpoint it before I ls swapped the car :/ wish I could be more help for you

It's fine. I searched on here and other forums and found several very similar threads, most were unresolved.

I feel like I have tried most of the logical stuff and since I plan on going standalone anyways I'm pretty much done spending time and money to try and resolve this one myself. With that being said, if anyone reading this has any other ideas, I'm all ears.

Did some glambling, car held up great i didn't run into any drivetrain issues. The Bilstein HDs are hurting, both sides have gotten pretty sticky, not sure if it was the fine dust or if i got them too hot. The day we drove home was about 114* and the clutch fan seemed to be doing its job because the car didn't overheat once. The car performed well, the only thing that bothered me was the under damped rebound in the rear. I think a slightly stiffer spring rate could also be beneficial but its hard to tell when the damping is all wrong.
dxM6O0Fh.jpg

Added a bulkhead to the fuel sender instead of running a reducing hose barb and hose clamps.
EFb3knAl.jpg

3Xxbvlpl.jpg

Swapped the B cam out for an IPD turbo cam, and then turned the boost up. I bought some LH chips but im still working out some kinks with the guy that burns them, i have either got two bad chips or there is some compatability issues with my ecu.
MkVkzfgl.jpg

The car is super fun to rip around in at ~14psi. It pings a little at 15psi with boost onset, hopefully the fuel chip will help with that when I can get it working. This car puts a smile on my face almost every time i drive it, if i can get it running a reliable 15psi i think ill call it good for power mods and focus on suspension. Its pretty dang quick on the street and its more than enough on dirt.
PrHu6Goh.jpg

Last edited:
Teaser. Going for ~10+" of wheel travel front and rear. Goal is to keep the ride height about the same. Struts have 10.25" of stroke. Giggity.
Vrl5ruLl.jpg

foWJy5Yl.jpg

Last edited:
Welp, got off my bum. Fabricobled some 5" OD spring couplers to join the 50lb tenders to the 16" 125lb main springs. Total rear spring stack height is 21" with 15.86" of calculated spring travel. I contacted Josh at YoshiFab about working with GAZ for the dampers. The rear shock is double adjustable, 22" extended ~8" of stroke. The shock doesn't fit in the trailing arm cleanly, had to do some grinding, hammering, and ended up using some spacers as well. Eventually I want to pull the trailing arms and reinforce them as well as box them in. I also need to move the bump stops down about 1.5" to stop the axle before running out of shock stroke as well as preventing my tires from rubbing at full compression.

SAAFhmal.jpg

o6NHPR8l.jpg

6DxNwWyl.jpg

f6grESMl.jpg

llGV0Ayl.jpg

The front is a custom GAZ strut insert thanks to Josh at Yoshifab. It is only about 1.25" longer than a factory insert however it provides significantly more stroke at over 10". I chose to run 3" ID coil springs, a 50lb tender and a 12" 250lb main coil. Eibach sells 2.5" to 3" spring seat adapters so I could utilize the Kaplhenke racing coilover hardware I already had. There is just enough droop travel to put the ball joints and tie rod ends into a bind. Not idea, but I also don't really care. I originally intended on making all new control arms and going to a spherical ball end for the tie rod. I decided to just toss in the parts that i had and see how well it all worked.

rn0Lpxdl.jpg

ejYugTRl.jpg

3fk7iHWl.jpg

5DMjsrVl.jpg

0dQnwHul.jpg

So I ended up with a quick tape measure estimate of over 10" of front and rear wheel travel. I forgot to buy bump stops for the struts so I have to pull it all back apart to install bump stops. Heres the ride height I chose for now, somewhere near center of the damper strokes. I plan on spending more time experimenting with ride heights as well as damper settings. I do plan on reinstalling a rear swaybar but would like to run without one for a while longer to have a more solid feel for what handling characteristics are changed and by how much.

ErAHGiwl.jpg

Siiiiiiiick

Are we gonna put some standalone in it anytime soon or what? I'm a step away from ditching my MS3X :-D

Siiiiiiiick

Are we gonna put some standalone in it anytime soon or what? I'm a step away from ditching my MS3X :-D

Thats actually one of the next big things on my list so please keep me in mind if you wind up doing so. I am also looking into speeduino as a budget ecu option.

Really the next thing I should be doing is a drivers seat, the stock one has bucked me out more than once now.

Do you feel a difference between the 2.5 I'd and 3.0 I'd springs? I'm going to need to do this on my car . The stock 240 inserts just don't cut it

you been keeping my multi-Xs in decent condition?
Define "decent" :lol:
Eb9lnwjl.jpg

Do you feel a difference between the 2.5 I'd and 3.0 I'd springs? I'm going to need to do this on my car . The stock 240 inserts just don't cut it

I made the jump in spring diameter because with similar stack heights in the past on 2.5" coils I had significant rubbing. The larger spring diameter will keep the spring away from the strut housing and coilover sleeve. I do not have any rubbing on this setup. With that being said I just went from a single 275lb spring with a Bilstein HD to a 250lb spring with a tender and a different damper so telling the difference between just the main spring is kinda hard.

I was able to jack the car up and just pull the top strut nut off and use one of the old Bilstein struts to hold the upper spring seat in place while I pulled the strut shaft down by hand and installed the bump stops. Easy!

Fa351nal.jpg

ILbqoUXl.jpg

I also finally relocated the oil filter. Doing a filter change after I added this turbo setup was a nightmare, now it should be a breeze. I do have my concerns running the oil lines right by the up pipe but the good news is with the clutch fan there is always a good amount of air flow through this area.

tS5pQSwl.jpg

TPD92F6l.jpg

There is an empty lot near my house that has areas of sandy small pebbles and dirt, rock the size of golf balls and areas of large rock the size of baseballs/softballs. It is mostly flat and there is really only 2 decent size gradient changes. I went out and took a couple pictures and then made several laps around the lot hitting what bumps there are and making adjustments to the dampers. First impressions? Yeah, the added travel is pretty sweet, there is certainly some added confidence as the chassis does not seem to get upset like it use to. This setup is pretty darn soft compared the last one and im noticing increased traction because of that. It also just sorta soaks stuff up better which feels, "cool", however it also means im blowing through my compression travel, which concerns me. Im very curious to do more driving on this suspension and hit some bigger stuff. I do wish the bump damping on the struts was maybe 10% more. I ended up setting the front rebound -2 turns from max. I cant really say whats up with the rear. I ended up with 4 clicks on bump and 11 clicks on rebound from 0 out of I think 20. It needs more refinement and I think I want to step up to a 150lb main spring.

f7BoHewl.jpg

6AuDKGnl.jpg

IjacNSRl.jpg

Last edited:
awesome im so happy to see this update, im looking to replicate your setup to a extent, i have alot more weight over the front so im working with josh to figure out what i should do on my car. love the updates!

Thats actually one of the next big things on my list so please keep me in mind if you wind up doing so. I am also looking into speeduino as a budget ecu option.

Just don't. To either. Maxxecu mini is $700 with a flying lead harness or street with built in lambda control for a hair over $1k....there is a reason why a lot of people are dumping the MS products.

One of the GAZ rear shocks failed, Josh got me some replacements. Modified the trailing arms and added poly up front. Changed to a 175lb rear spring, no strong opinions yet, need to drive it more. Water pump failed, got that replaced.

Sometimes I think about selling this car, sometimes I think about getting a Maxxecu and doing a trans swap so I can actually turn the boost up. It really is a blast to drive I have just had it for so long now and I have done 90% of what I originally setout to do with this car that I'm really not that excited about it any more, which can be pretty demotivating. Id like to do some rallycross and hooptyX, maybe take it off some sweet jumps. That reminds me, I should probably space my rear bump stops down a bit to ensure these shocks aren't using their little 1" shaft bumps too often. I wish hydro bumps weren't so expensive.

WoHNJSGh.jpg

QAPmH0Yh.jpg

oygCIaKh.jpg

Last edited:
Back