• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

anyone here have neon under car lights

WDF, if you put those on you will be about as cool as those people who still have blackouts over there head/rearlights

:wink:

neon.jpg

oh god now this thread needs to have a swedish rice warnning...

btw does anyone have the address of the owner of that car? I just want to 'talk' to him/her :pow:

I'm dumbfounded......whats next green neon tubes bolted to the headliner?
+5HP Ricing Stripes? or possibly some glow pedals or led shifter knobs which according to the local rice shop actually are quite capable of making your vehicle obtain higher speeds...one day hopefully everyone will look back on rice and wonder "what in the name of hell were they thinking?" kind of like the 80's and hot pink. Perhaps some turn signal fluid can help that volvo on it's path down the road to stupid.

why do you have to rip on underbody lights. I have them on my 98 S70. I doubled them up all the way around and did one hell of a job installing them. I ordered a switch from volvo for fog lights and istalled it where there was an extra knockout on the dash. My car looks nice and i don't see what the big problem is with them. Please let me know what the problem is.

Children, children.

Nobody said that putting an underbody kit on made my car go faster (the V8 kit does that) or makes me a better person or even more well-endowed.

We all try to have a little fun in this world and make life a little more interesting -- and hopefully we're all here to get some new ideas and help each other out whereever we can.

So, now, if anyone has any questions or constructive suggestions, then please, by all means -- but someone asked!

Ben
PS: I have glow pedals and an EL shift knob :mrgreen:

Good post, Ben.

I'm really getting sick of the whole "AAH A SPOILER ON A CAR OMG NOOO RICE" trend thats going on. I have no problem calling it out if its disgusting, but it just seems to be getting old. Heh, I've always had a dirty little secret that I like the way underbody lighting looks... And hell, if you've got a V8 sitting on top of the neon, more power to ya (no pun intended).

Wait till you guys see the new pics...

silver face gauges, front spoiler, huge mother supertrapp, stickers, oh man....

I am the ricemaster...

Supertrapp?

:barf:

How does that sound? My friend had one on his accord and I wanted to smack him. I've also heard it sound shitty on V8s, so I thought it was more the muffler than the car.

Nothing wrong with gauges and stickers Ken :)

It sounds ok. With the K cam it had a great idle note.
JB's ultraflow sounds amazing, but he has a mean cam and the engine is NA (the NA cars sound much better to me). I never really liked the sound of the turbo's so i dunno.

I like that i can take the backplate off and run full wide open though and then put a few plates on and quiet it down to take girls shopping downtown or whatever.

Maybe it's just that I've only been on here a few months, but the explosion of posts (sort of set off by OkinawaJim) having to do with stickers and other visual things is incredible.

I've always been one to try as hard as I can to achieve the perfect sleeper. Aren't we all? Why else would we drive Volvos? My goal is to get people to think my car is slow as hell, but might have a little something. These people interested in big spoilers and body kits just confuse me. It's a Volvo. The last thing I want someone to say to me (again) is "Why did you go to so much trouble for a Volvo?" If it's all under the hood, that question is seldom heard. If you have a huge spoiler or loads of stickers advertising products your car doesn't have, you're just asking to get your ass kicked. Nothing pleases me more than smoking some kid with an office trash can on the end of his tailpipe.

I also don't really understand the whole neon thing, but that's probably been butchered enough.

Back