• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Jared's '79 5.3 244 Project: The Qwikbrik

These looked much better after 2 hours with a carpet shampooer getting all the butt sweat, dirt, and blood (car was in a wreck...blood spatter all over the windshield :barf:) out of them.

They're about the same weight as the 240 seats, and as an added bonus for 242 drivers, the Tiburon is a 2-door, so the seats flip forward!

Do they recline all the way back, like the Volvo 242 , 244 & 245 seats?

I'd say 2-3" lower. Much more comfortable being that I'm 6'2". With the Volvo seats, my head would hit the roof over bumps sometimes.

Finished product:

FsmeV.jpg

Don't know what the oil pan bolts are rated at - I'd be surprised if they're high strength due to the low clamping force most of them need to deliver. Just trying to keep you safe Jared. The factory seat is designed to stay in place and, along with the harness, keep you in place. In the event of an accident if seat hardware fails, an incident that might normally result in little damage to you or your passenger could result in a LOT of damage if the seat goes on a tour of the interior - or the exterior. Had a buddy that learned it the hard way in an SCCA incident -- broken back. Resulted in a change in the annual safety inspection protocol for the region. It seems like a minor thing I know - just bolt the seat in. But it's a very significant piece of hardware if you're to stay as safe as you can inside the car.

And they look pretty nice in the picture - at least to me!

Don't know what the oil pan bolts are rated at - I'd be surprised if they're high strength due to the low clamping force most of them need to deliver. Just trying to keep you safe Jared. The factory seat is designed to stay in place and, along with the harness, keep you in place. In the event of an accident if seat hardware fails, an incident that might normally result in little damage to you or your passenger could result in a LOT of damage if the seat goes on a tour of the interior - or the exterior. Had a buddy that learned it the hard way in an SCCA incident -- broken back. Resulted in a change in the annual safety inspection protocol for the region. It seems like a minor thing I know - just bolt the seat in. But it's a very significant piece of hardware if you're to stay as safe as you can inside the car.

This is TB. Home of Tie Wraps & JB Weld:lol:

But you're 100% correct. I tried to tell someone else about it before. Wasn't received well.........

Brett used them on his pressure plate and they sheared. twas joke

Yeah, I used 10.9 stuff. Took me a cross town trip, but I found what I needed. All the brackets I made are 1/4" plate. They're the heaviest metal on the seats...shouldn't go anywhere.

Time for a small update.

I lucked up and got a killer deal on a subwoofer setup today. I got the enclosure for $4.99 (on sale from $60-something :omg:). It's pretty neat-it came flatpacked, and all the pieces just kinda folded together, with recesses cut into the MDF. I used Liquid Nails instead of the crap white glue it came with, and screwed it together.

zpdQg.jpg

gSI3N.jpg

I also got a pretty good deal on a Kicker 10" sub.

7Ra5P.png

I'll pick up a amp I found on Craigslist (probably boosted :roll:) tomorrow and put it all in.

I'll also be putting on something besides a 15G very soon. I'm bored with it. In second gear, about 2500rpm, when you floor it, it's hilarious. So much fun. But, on the highway, the little 15G just can't push enough air to make an impression. It moves respectably well, but not quite the kick-in-the-pants I had hoped for.

I don't think a holset would be terribly fun with a manual in the mountains. Kyle seems really happy with his turbo which is about an 8cm hotside I think.

Isn't his Holset? Mine's got the smallest 9cm hotside and its not bad. Will be a lot better with a manual and MegaSquirt as well though. I think you'd like it even in the mountains, but maybe a bit smaller Garret would be perfect.

Back