• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ms required fuel

90volvo

Ok, I have installed my new engine. Before I was running megasquirt with 650cc injectors on E85. My required fuel was at 13.5, I know my injectors were to small. My new engine I installed 1000cc injectors. I tried to start it tonight but it immediately flooded the engine. Thinking about it I think I need to lower the required fuel. But unsure where to start. The megasquirt says 3.9? But thats for gas so would I be correct to go with like 6.0 or 8? I was smart and pulled the plugs and letting cylinders to dry out. I also added some gas cause it cold here and know e85 can be cantancerous in winter. Heres my specs.

90 240
B230ft
Stage 3 cam
larger valves and ported head
custom header
Turbo GTX3067r
3 inch ex.
1000cc injectors
3 inch intercooler piping
Big intercooler
External wastegate
External BOV

If you don't have a lot of compression E85 doesnt want to fire on a stone cold motor.
A blast of spray cleaner will help get it fired for setup.

You are likely good at 6 on the reqFuel, if the reqFuel gets too big you will loose granularity at the low end of the table.
If the low end of the table gets too small, reduce the reqFuel.
Make this decision early on as changing the reqFuel affects all areas of the VE table.
Changing the reqFuel means the entire VE table will need to be re-set.

Last edited:
I think you need to change the AFR in the ReqFuel popup from 14.7 to 9.8? for E85, and change to your bigger injector size. This should give a more reasonable starting value.

You can leave the Stoich and AFRs set to gas numbers so you don't have to translate.
Lambda is Lambda, it does not change with the fuel.
Remember AFRs are not measured, they are calculated from Lambda.

Injector dead time settings will come into play in the idle area also. So get those right as possible early on.

What I was going to say. The wideband doesn't know what fuel you're using. It just knows stochiometric, rich, lean. Tune to 14.7 still.

For E85, change the AFR _only_ in the reqfuel popup. For anything else that uses the WB02 sensor, e.g. AFR table, leave the AFR at 14.7.

So the Megasquirt said 6.8 on required fuel. But it wouldnt hardly run at that was super rich. I started leaning it out and finally got it to run smooth but was all the way down to 2.5? So thought maybe the tables need to be changed? Thanks

Figured my problem out with they help of others. The kpa were running like 300 so it was way off. Traced it down to the Map sensor, it was either bad or wrong one got put in right box. Anyways now I can move on with tuning. Thanks

Back