• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

1983 242 uneven torque rod lenght

Finnishkid

I just realized my IPD adjustable torque rods are going to need to be adjusted again. When installed them I made them the same length on both sides. After driving on them for a little while no I've noticed that the drivers side wheel sits farther back then the passenger side. Its at least 1/4" difference. Has anyone else noticed a difference from side to side.

If you measured the gap to the wheel arch then it's not a big deal. You might(and will) get a different result if you measure from the front axle. What I've seen is that asembly of the body is not that accurate and there are differences.

I measured both from the front wheel to rear wheel and fender well to wheel. both were off. Kiitos Lankku

On a stock 240 4 wheel alignment usually shows the right rear wheel back 1/4" which moves forward to it's proper position when the car is underway.

Most good old school alignment shops know this and will only do only the front alignment.

Last edited:
Back