• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

External wastegates

Marvelous3

Who engineered this?
Needing to pick one up for this fancy pants holset kl racing turbo and manifold thing. Tial and turbosmart gates are expensive af. Are there others that arent $400 and will work fine? Or is this one of those gotta pay to play sort of things?

Tial is 100% US made and by far the best on the market. Everything else, save for ~$3k/ea endurance racing wastegates, is imported and of dubious quality. Buy once, cry once.

Tial is 100% US made and by far the best on the market. Everything else, save for ~$3k/ea endurance racing wastegates, is imported and of dubious quality. Buy once, cry once.

It sucks, but this is the correct answer. It also applies to essentially every decision in motorsports, lol, the expensive answer is usually correct.

Lol, I thought it was gonna be a TIAL with an FIA sticker...

I like the way you think.

TiAL is definitely my recommendation. We cast, cut, and assemble them right in Michigan.

You could buy a cheap one but do you want to replace a head and/or rotating assembly if/when you have a failure?

I used a Turbosmart for several years with no issues at all, and it was only $220 or so back when I bought it. I'm a bit shocked they cost twice as much now.

I'm using a chinabay one and it works(I took it apart and did the recommended stuff to it) but i could see how a higher quality one would work better

Back