• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Homer's 1990 240 redblock exorcism

Just because. I've always wanted to use them on my own projects. I can, and I will.

You go Homer! Cool clamps BTW.

Sometimes one just wants to use the parts he wants to. Nothing wrong with that.

I am surprised you haven't painted them flat black though.;-)

Why buy it when you can make it yourself for cheaper?
Just some size mockups. I think the 6" is a winner, maybe 5"

How much is making them costing?

Kinda cool your making your own muffler! Can you tune it for drone free cruising?

You should make an adjustable muffler that's works like a slide whistle. How fun would that be pulling up? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooP!

You should make an adjustable muffler that's works like a slide whistle. How fun would that be pulling up? WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooP!

yes-rudy1.gif

I should be able to adjust the length pretty easily to do that.

Using two straight through/fiberglass packed mufflers will help also. I used 2 MagnaFlows, one in OEM resonator location, and OEM muffler location. Worked pretty well on my n/a.

Make the full exhaust all muffler so it will emit negative sound.
On the to do list
also added
Maybe. I'm not going to "budget" for that right now though.

Using two straight through/fiberglass packed mufflers will help also. I used 2 MagnaFlows, one in OEM resonator location, and OEM muffler location. Worked pretty well on my n/a.
One muffler should be fine. It's going to have a metal core cat, a 5 cylinder, aluminum tubing and a turbo soooo pretty much nothing like your setup:-P

?PdAtE
So got a chance to lay up the muffler housing this weekend. Also helped crank out some carbon parts for the formula team.
Quick rundown of the process
Prepreg cut. 4 layers.
Cytec 977-3 5 Harness
DSC_0005.jpg

1 layer in. Used a scrap carbon tube lying around to roll it in. This is where it pays to take your time.
DSC_0007.jpg

4th layer in.
DSC_0008.jpg

Same goes for the air filter heat shield idea. Not sure if it will pan out.
DSC_0011.jpg

Perf applied.
DSC_0012.jpg

Breather.
DSC_0013.jpg

Bag in a bag, inception. It was a bit tricky but no leaks the first try.
DSC_0014.jpg

Loaded into the autoclave, 6 hr cure with 1 hr ramp up and 1 hr ramp down. 350 F and 100 psi in the clave.
DSC_0015.jpg

Got up early this morning and took the parts out. The thermal stresses broke all the tack welds but didnt spread the tube apart. Popped the seam apart and the tube slid right out as planned.
DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

Original tool weight.
DSC_0030.jpg

Crabon body.
DSC_0032.jpg

Thank god I saved all that weight in the rear!

Back